Hay Creek Pallet
The Heavy Equipment/Diesel Mechanic will inspect automobiles, trucks and related equipment to locate and determine the extent of necessary overhaul or repair, and complete those repairs. They will also maintain the parts inventory and fill orders as necessary.
- Inspect automobiles, trucks, trailers and related equipment to locate and determine the extent of necessary overhaul or repair required. Perform preventive maintenance work on vehicles, including lubrication and oil changes.
- Perform repair work on gasoline and diesel powered engines such as automobiles, trucks, tractors, equipment and other automotive and mechanical equipment. Repair cooling, fuel, electrical, and exhaust systems; tune engines using standard testing equipment. Fabricate and weld to repair equipment as necessary.
- Inspect, adjust and replace necessary units and related parts including brakes, valves, hoses, belts and alternators.
- Diagnose, repair and maintain hydraulic systems.
- Maintain inspection and repair logs.
- Education and Experience: High school or general education diploma (GED). Minimum of two (2) year experience of responsible vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- License or Certificate: Possession of a valid Class B driver’s license with air brake endorsement. Certified in brake inspection and repairs. Certified to perform AVIs
- Adaptability: The individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Skills: Results driven with attention to details. Demonstrates critical thinking, proactive and problem solving skills. Demonstrate proactive and problem solving skills.
$16 - $19 per hour
About Hay Creek Pallet
Hay Creek Pallet, consists of a fully automated saw room that produces our component parts, a new pallet assembly line, a repair and remanufacture assembly line and a pallet dismantle line, all fitted with or powered by some of the latest technology in the industry. The company is now a full-service pallet manufacturing operation providing businesses in the food industries, the paper industry and a variety of other industries, with reconditioned, remanufactured and new pallets. Additionally, as a by-product utilization, the company also manufactures landscape mulches and animal bedding by recycling wood waste material.