We are looking to hire an experienced Mechanic to inspect, service, and maintain our range of dredges and heavy-duty construction equipment. This position requires traveling to and from job sites (Service Truck provided), inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet. To ensure success as a Mechanic, you should have proven experience working with heavy machinery, be physically fit, and be able to troubleshoot issues on the job site.
- Inspect trucks, skid steers, excavators, dredges, pumps, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts, repairing damaged equipment parts, cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles and equipment.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
- Fabricate needed parts or items from sheet metal.
- Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment and keep equipment service records.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must pass a drug test
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Experience on project sites required
- Must be able to complete tasks with and without direct supervision
- Must be available to work out of town for long periods of time, including some weekends and holidays
- Welding and Fabrication Experience.
- Knowledge of Hydraulics
- Proven work experience as a Diesel or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and meet the physical demands of heavy equipment mechanical construction work
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Bend, stretch, twist, kneel, climb, and walk on uneven or soft ground
- The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- The ability to see details at close range and The ability to see details at a distance. (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
About C&M Dredging
The Above-Mentioned work styles are a must and the foundation of C&M Dredging and our growing company culture.
C&M Dredging is a small but rapidly growing company that fosters team spirit and unity. We can offer a long-term career path with exceptional benefits. We reward hard work and dedication and are constantly looking for strong, self-motivated talent to grow with us to expand our business.