Landmark Homes of TN Inc.
New Home Starts Coordinator
The right candidate will be responsible for coordinating all documents required for submitting and obtaining utility and building permits, water taps, and impact fees. Coordinate with employees and external contacts to ensure all deadlines for building plans and permits are completed on time.
- Work with municipalities and their staff to submit, track and acquire all permits and other documents needed for Landmark Homes of TN building operations
- Secure timely preparation and submission of building permits through various municipalities based on construction/operations schedule deadlines
- Prepare / Request submit timely check requests for permits, water taps, and impact fees
- Deliver or submit online building permit applications to the responsible municipality department and pick them up when ready
- Scan all approved building plans into the shared construction drive/software
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with municipality departments and staff members
- Work with the consultants (CAD company, architect, engineering, soils, etc.) to track and acquire all plot plans for a timely and complete building plan package submission
- Coordinate staking requests and/or surveys from civil engineers for all lots based on the construction schedule, as needed
- Maintain clear and accurate reporting by monitoring the building plan approval process
- Use software to manage job set up, building start release, and support internal/external users
- Assist with all production reports, forms, documents, tasks, and requirements
- Assist in facilitating dialogue and distribute construction documents/reports to the main office, design center, and construction as it pertains to starts, plot plans, permits, water meters, and all other supporting documents
- The document, track, and report out all building permits and start activities
- Office organization, printing, and filing
- Attend assigned meetings with team members as required
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Ability to work overtime
- Support the Construction Department in performing administrative duties
- Inform the accounting team of changes in permit fees, utility connection fees, and other municipality fees
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to ensure all deadlines are achieved
- Other duties as may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required, 4-year college degree preferred
- Experience working in MarkSystem
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Homebuilding business background
- Ability to read and interpret building plans
- Experience with home building and municipality permitting process
- Strong communication skill sets both written and verbal
- Efficient with all Microsoft office systems software
- Ability to form strong relationships with both internal and external customer
- Ability to deal with constant change
- Highly organized, attention to deadlines, problem solver
- Computer/tech-savvy, working knowledge of Acrobat Adobe
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude
$55,000 + DOE
About Landmark Homes of TN Inc.
Landmark Homes of TN is growing again!
We are a premier residential home builder in Middle Tennessee for over 30 years. Landmark prides itself on providing our customers with exceptional Customer Service and Personalization. We are a team-centered company that strives to find the perfect fit for those who choose to join our roster. Our mission and core values place our emphasis on our team-centric philosophy, and we strive to build on the personal and professional success of our staff.
Landmark Homes of TN is searching for the best people in the industry who want to join our Elite Team!