Atlass Hardware Corp.
The Detailer prepares detailed door and hardware schedules, shop drawings, and submittals for bids for Division 8 (doors and hardware) on commercial projects based upon plans and specifications. The role will detail the Division 8 scope of work for commercial jobs as coordinated by the COO and collaborate with other estimators, detailers, and project managers to service the company's customers. This position contributes by maintaining the integrity of the company’s sales strategies and more.
- Collaborate company-wide to ensure that the company’s performance meets or exceeds standards under its contracts to its customers
- Meet with the project manager at the beginning of the project to set the strategy and understand the performance requirements of the project, including the clarification of SOV and phasing of delivery
- Reviews of the approved bids were accepted by the customers, including specifications and drawings (plans), and SOW was approved by the project manager to determine the accuracy of quantities and pricing. Look for cost-saving opportunities between bids and specs.
- Verify the accuracy of bid and/or specs vs actual functionality required.
- Enter costs into the company’s computer system and compare them to estimated pricing (bid).
- Submits RFIs to address discrepancies with plans and specs and or requested material or changes to the material as and when they arise
- Prepares detailed door hardware schedules, coordinates, and opening requirements as provided in plans and specs (as may be modified).
- Prepares shop drawings and submittals using manufacturer catalog cuts to support product selection and prepare elevation drawings.
- Makes all adjustments to products and quantities to meet the requirements of drawings, specs, and code compliance.
- Prepares LEED submittals, FSC, or other documentation required for projects.
- Ensure that there is a current and updated manufacturer quote for all material selected for the project and request new quotes, if required
- Requests or works with PM to request finish samples for approval.
- Prior to selling the project in Comsense, obtaining approval from the project manager for SOV and phasing.
- Ensures that the sections in Comsense match the customer's SOV requirements.
- Deliver a complete submittal package to the customer.
- Follows up on submittal approval with the customer to keep the project on track, based upon lead times and construction schedule.
- Makes all revisions necessary to shop drawings, schedules, and submittals based upon customer direction and approval.
- Assists project manager, as requested, with change orders in the company computer system (Comsense).
- Assist PM with RFI’s or revised plans in Procore, as the project requires.
- Maintain well-documented project records in the company computer system (e.g., electronic communications, change orders, approvals, etc.)
- Stays current on codes and material requirements.
- Experience as a detailer in the door and hardware industry (over 8+ years qualifies as Senior Detailer)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read plans and understand specifications for Division 8.
- DHIA, DHT, DHC or AHC Certifications are desirable.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others.
- Knowledge about the products and services sold by the company (e.g., doors, hardware, and specialties)
- Knowledge of all codes affecting the delivery of doors, hardware, and specialties.
- Knowledge of computer programs, e.g., Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Comsense, and Project Management software
- Benefits: 401k, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Remote Work Options
$45,000 - $50,000 yearly
About Atlass Hardware Corp.
Atlass Hardware Corp (AHC) is a family-owned business started in 2001. We are a distributor of hollow metal doors, architectural wood doors, finish hardware, washroom accessories, toilet partitions, and specialties (Divisions 8 and 10) for commercial construction projects in South Florida. In addition, Atlass Hardware distributes a comprehensive array of building supplies to commercial projects in the Caribbean. AHC works directly with general contractors, construction managers, architects, designers, and developers. The team members of AHC strive to provide exceptional service and to deliver an unparalleled experience to its customers. AHC provides a customized door, architectural hardware, specialties, and building supplies package that meets the specifications for the project, including the security and life-safety requirements of the jurisdiction.