Rural Mutual Insurance
- Investigate and settle first-party auto physical damage claims as well as process 1st and 3rd party med pay claims. Review auto and light truck body shop estimates or write estimates based on photos.
- Review auto and light truck body shop estimates or write estimates based on photos
- Negotiate price for the repair of auto and property claims while abiding by all state laws and regulations
- Verify coverage on newly assigned claims
- Investigate claims
- Settle third-party claims through negotiation
- Investigate and settle first-party auto physical damage claims
- Process 1st and 3rd party med pay claims
- Pursue recoveries on claim files, including subrogation, restitution, and salvage
- Monitor and adjust claims reserves on open claim files.
- Take initial calls from insureds, set up claim using First Notice of Loss process, and process claims to the conclusion (First Call Program)
- Complete and send risk alerts to the Underwriting department
- Maintain acceptable closing ratio
- Participate in catastrophe response as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Five years of auto estimating in the insurance industry or body shop
- Property and casualty insurance experience adjusting auto physical damage, med pay, and/or small property claim
- Ability to understand insurance policies of all types and be able to evaluate coverage situations
- Outstanding communication skills – oral and written
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, and organization skills
- Proficient personal computer skills
- Knowledge of auto physical damage, medical terminology, and the ability to evaluate injuries
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the 13th consecutive year and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.
This is the kind of company you want to work for doing the kind of job you love to do…protecting people and property.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services and provides a competitive compensation package for our employees.