Rural Mutual Insurance
Join the claims team of a highly successful property & casualty insurance company rated A+ by AM Best. Position can work remotely within the state of Wisconsin
- Verify coverage on newly assigned claims.
- Investigate claims.
- Settle third-party claims through negotiation.
- Investigate and settle first-party auto physical damage claims.
- Process 1st & 3rd party med pay claims.
- Pursue recoveries on claim files, including subrogation, restitution, and salvage.
- Monitor and adjust claims reserves on open claim files.
- Take initial calls from insureds, set up claims using the First Notice of Loss process, and process claims to conclusion (First Call Program).
- Complete and send risk alerts to Underwriting department.
- Maintain acceptable closing ratio.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three years of property and casualty insurance experience adjusting auto physical damage, med pay, and/or small property claims.
- Ability to understand insurance policies of all types and be able to evaluate coverage situations.
- Outstanding communication skills – oral and written.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, and organization skills.
- Proficient personal computer skills.
- Knowledge of auto-physical damage, medical terminology, and the ability to evaluate injuries.
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Our reputation as one of the top 50 property and casualty companies in the country was built delivering on that promise exclusively for Wisconsin farms, businesses, and families. We provide Auto, Home, Life, Farm, and Commercial insurance throughout the state of Wisconsin. We have a network of more than 150 Agents in 100+ locations across the state. Our agents live and work in your communities. Because we only do business in Wisconsin, we make sure that premiums paid here, stay here to keep Wisconsin strong. Since our founding (1934), we have been headquartered in Madison. We are rated A+ by AM Best and have been named a Ward's Top 50 Company for the past 14 years.
We believe in a healthy work/life balance and to that end offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation package including health, dental, life, LTD and vision insurance as well as an employee bonus plan, matching 401(k) plan and generous time off benefits.