Weber's growth created a need for a Design Engineer on our Thermoform Packaging product line. Every customer has unique needs and we are dedicated to customizing our machines to meet those needs. This position will be responsible for designing the customizations our customers need and want to operate their lines more efficiently.
- Use Solid Works to create models and drawings for parts and assembly groups.
- Use AutoCAD to create and modify layout drawings.
- Modify pneumatic drawings.
- Work with suppliers on cost reduction for locally sourced parts.
- Maintain machine records and documentation.
- Work with Applications Engineer and Engineering Projects Manager on customized equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple, parallel projects using formal project planning techniques.
- Excellent technical skills and be able to create models and drawings in a metrical system.
- Basic knowledge of electrical controls, pneumatic controls, and hygienic design is required.
- Excellent problem-solving ability; Ability to coordinate own and other’s actions, manage own time.
- Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- The employee must be personable with excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a team environment will be essential.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be able to follow directions and take instructions.
- Proficiency in the German language is preferred.
- Proficiency with computers including all proficient with computers including MS Windows, MS Office, AutoCAD, and SolidWorks. Experience with SAP is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in design engineering or related field (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in design engineering or related field and 5 years of proven work experience. (Required)
- Experience working with thermoform packaging equipment (Preferred)
- German language proficiency (Preferred)
- Current valid U.S. driver's license.
- Valid U.S. passport or have the ability to obtain one.
- Must have the ability to travel within North America and Germany occasionally.
About Weber Inc.
The success of the Weber company is relatively easy to explain: Our convincing performance and service is cause for enthusiasm. With uncompromising high quality, innovative solutions. Our markets are changing at an incredibly high speed. That is why we remain in motion. That's why we are seeking the most talented people who want to work in an environment where they are supported, challenged, and encouraged to think beyond what's possible today. We believe in the perfect portion for our customers as well as our employees.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer exceptional benefits including:
- 401(k) with matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision, Life
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible and Health spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement