Department of Veterans Affairs Accredited Claims Agent
Do you love digging into research and helping people? Disability benefits attorney in the San Francisco, CA with a practice focused on VA Benefits is looking for an individual to assist with multiple office and administrative tasks including organization of client files, receiving and sorting of mail, review of large and voluminous medical files, filing of documents with the VA, proofreading, and editing of documents, drafting correspondence, and following up with potential clients.
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as complaints, interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- Organize our case filing systems to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate, and other administrative duties as needed
- Talented communicator and writer
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Candidates must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Completion of a nationally-accredited paralegal program strongly preferred
- Candidates must be an accredited Claims Agent with the Department of Veterans Affairs
$20 - $30 hourly
About Unruh Law
Unruh Law is a Disability benefits attorney group in San Francisco, CA with a practice focused on VA Benefits.