Green Meadow Dental
We’re searching for a personable dental hygienist to join our talented team of health care providers! You’ll welcome patients and conduct their initial screenings, perform thorough dental cleanings, and help dentists with exams and procedures. Applicants should be knowledgeable about dentistry best practices, possess incredible interpersonal skills, and love working with people. If this sounds like you, apply now!
Position is part-time.
Paid vacation time, paid continuing education, bonuses available.
- Advise patients on how to properly care for their teeth after a procedure or operation
- Explain good oral hygiene techniques to patients of all ages, such as thorough brushing and flossing twice daily
- Document patient visits and keep health records current
- Examine patients’ dental health and get an overview of their oral health history
- Perform patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, and dental charting
- Take and develop dental radiographs (x-rays) and intraoral pictures as needed
- Remove calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth
- Anesthesia certification is required
- Must be proficient with scaling and root planing
- In addition, the candidate must be fluent in talking to patients and educating them about gum disease, its long-term impact on overall health, and the significance of attending to it
- Apply preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides)
- Demonstrate patients' appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing, and mouth rinse)
- Explain the relationship between a healthy diet, good nutrition, and oral health
- Clean and set up dental chairs for the next patient
- Review documentation and charting at the end of the day
- Must have at least an associate’s degree in dental hygiene; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified to perform CPR
- Has dental hygienist licensure in the state where the job is located
- Superb customer service and communication skills
$40 - $41 hourly
About Green Meadow Dental
We're looking for excellent people on a mission to grow and work among the best. We will be expanding our existing staff at a very busy, high-rated clinic in Newington. Looking for optimistic, energetic, and motivated professionals to join our team. We are willing to train an exceptionally qualified candidate through our own in-house training program.
Green Meadow Dental has assembled an experienced team, the latest equipment, and a comfortable, caring environment, providing our patients with a complete range of preventative, restorative, and cosmetic dental care. We listen carefully to each patient’s individual needs and working together, we’ll develop a plan to give you an attractive, healthy smile that will last a lifetime.