Ashburn Children's Dentistry
Would you love a rewarding career opportunity working with children? Have fun at work every day - enjoying an awesome team!
We are growing and our busy advanced pediatric dental practice would love to add talented, energized, and educated members to our team! This is a unique opportunity in the dental field! If you're friendly, energetic, and motivated, we're looking for you. If you want to help children smile, be healthy and be a lead member of a team of friendly professionals who like to have fun while they work then you're looking for us! Dental assisting experience REQUIRED and willing to train the right person! Some orthodontic experience is necessary.
Our team genuinely loves kids, so we work hard to create a safe, comfortable, and fun experience for everyone that walks through our doors, including our team! We have more continuing education and training than 99% of those in our industry and we use that knowledge to provide an exceptional experience for our patients. We have an office culture of continual learning and daily focus on our successes. Patient protocols are in place to focus on achieving health - not just fixing teeth. Communication and compassion are central to our practice and necessary to help our patients see the potential dentistry has to change their life. Our doctors are exceptionally skilled, humble, and truly enjoy teaching the team. We are a growing organization at the forefront of the dental industry and are continually expanding our footprint within the DC/MD/VA metropolitan area.
The Dental Clinical Team Lead contributes to the business success of Ashburn Children's Dentistry providing effective leadership, development, direction, and oversight of clinic team members and operations, and ensuring a productive work environment that results in the delivery of quality and cost-effectiveness services that yield high patient outcomes. Be part of a dynamic organization that will make you proud. Learn more about the position below and how you can join our team! If you have the drive AND the skills, there is no better team for you to be a part of.
In addition to an excellent compensation package, a career with Ashburn Children's Dentistry will offer you access to beautiful facilities, advanced technologies, continuing education offerings, abundant opportunities for career growth, a dedicated support team, and wonderful patients.
We provide MAXAIR CAPR® Systems, an advanced respiratory protection system for our team members.
- Overall functioning of Dental Clinic including management of the clinical team, workflow development, team meetings, patient, provider, and staff satisfaction
- Collaborate with Practice Administrator and Scheduling Coordinator to support patient workflow by assisting in triage and making necessary adjustments to schedules, working with providers and team
- Develop practice operational plans and implement performance improvement strategies within the clinic
- Communicate resourcing issues and needs to the Practice Administrator
- Establish and maintain clinic policies and procedures
- Manage all clinical sub-programs of the practice, including appropriate auditing, staffing.
- Manage purchasing, equipment maintenance, and all certifications for clinic operations
- Fill in for clinical team members or Dental Technician to replace absenteeism and help cover high volume periods
- Oversee the clinical team activities to provide a consistent patient experience
- Coordinate the needs of the doctors and serve as a liaison between doctors and clinical team to mediate and resolve any issues as necessary
- Ensure staff and patient safety is maintained at all times following OSHA, CDC, and HIPAA guidelines
- Manage the sterilization area ensuring the testing of the equipment is performed and logged, reporting failed test results to the Practice Administrator
- Act as a change agent supporting continuous improvement initiatives using lean principles and tools
- Perform all inventory duties including ordering, unpacking, and stocking supplies
- Educates patients and parents on proactive and preventative dental care, nutrition, sleep, and breathing habits
- Providing patient care and support
- Take diagnostic digital X-rays, 3D CBCT scans of patient’s teeth
- May assists in some restorative and laser dental procedures
- Individuals who display aptitude and interest will be given employer-paid career advancement opportunities
- Maintains patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance. Ensure any release of patient information is done according to the Company guidelines
- Additional duties will be assigned to achieve the company standards and goals as efficiently as possible
- We are a specialty pediatric practice and see ages 2 days old - 18 years old
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare management, or related field
- Clinical dental experience (minimum of 3 years) REQUIRED
- Clinical knowledge of dental instrumentation, sterilization techniques, radiography, and radiation exposure protocol
- X-ray certification required
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings
- Strong clinical management skills (patient triaging, staff supervision, and scheduling)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills including but not limited to use of Word, Excel, Outlook, reporting software, and electronic medical records. Dentrix experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills that inspire confidence and motivation of staff
- Sound decision-making and professional judgment
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize competing needs
- Paid time off for full-time members which increase as you grow in your career with us
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401k Retirement
- Paid holidays
- A constant drive to improve self-learning. Employer-paid training opportunities
- Ability to work 36-38 hours per week (some days as early as 7 am and ending some days at 7 pm)
- Ability to work 1-2 Saturdays per month (7:30 am-1 pm)
- Reliable transportation to Ashburn, Virginia in all types of weather
$26 - $31 hourly
About Ashburn Children's Dentistry
For almost 20 years, we have been honored to be one of Northern Virginia’s most awarded practices; we were most recently voted 2020 Northern Virginia’s Top Dentist. At Ashburn Children’s Dentistry, we practice from the heart – delivering quality customized dental care to create an experience that exceeds each patient’s expectations from when they walk through the door to when they exit it.
We are authoritative leaders in pediatric dentistry utilizing lasers and other advanced technologies. Through education and collaboration, we help patients and parents commit to a wellness journey that focuses on proactive prevention that prioritizes overall health at each stage of development.
We offer comprehensive medical benefits, personalized training programs, and more! We are looking for passionate, hard-working people who want to be part of our team and take ownership and pride in what they do. We promise exciting opportunities and growth potential.