Our growing dental office has a fantastic opportunity for a registered dental assistant to join our team! Our ideal candidate will have 3 years of previous experience working in a dental office as an RDA or CDA and is ready to provide exemplary care for our patients. We take pride in providing a caring and positive atmosphere for our patients. If you have a great attitude and love working with a fun team in the expanding dental industry, apply today!
- Schedule appointments for patient care follow up, answer any questions they may have about dental hygiene, and provide postoperative instructions with methods for infection control of the patients’ teeth and gums, after procedures
- Prepare and layout sterilized equipment, dental instruments, anesthetics, dental supplies, and materials inside treatment rooms for examinations and dental procedures
- Meet patients and explain dental care treatment plans so they feel comfortable during an appointment
- Assist dentists and dental hygienists during any procedures or examinations by handing off dental instruments, providing suction, and ensuring chair-side accessibility to the team
- Take and document vital signs and medical history for patient records, take x-rays of patients’ mouths, and apply a topical anesthetic for dental procedures, if necessary
- Assist patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions, and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist. Collect and record all patient health history.
- Using and maintaining hazard control protocols as established by OSHA and office standards.
- Timely preparation of treatment area by sterilizing and properly setting for procedures. Serves as dentist’s chair-side assistant including delivering instruments and materials for dentist’s access.
- Correctly handles dental radiographs and performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulations and law.
- Maintains dental department equipment and work areas in compliance with policies and procedures relative to infection control and safety issues, including the sterilization of all reusable dental instruments and equipment and the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials.
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies and compiles a list for inventory control and ordering purposes.
- Completes checklists as assigned and participates in daily huddles to ensure that every single day flows smoothly.
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of the office as appropriate and as time permits and instructed.
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organization and company goals and objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental assisting techniques and routine procedures for all phases of general dentistry including but not limited to restoration, RCT, Crown/Bridge, Oral Surgery, and Prosthodontics.
- Must be cognizant of the expectations and concerns of dental patients and be able to respond in an empathetic and professional manner as well as appropriately handle emergency patient care.
- Ability to work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be flexible to shift priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective interpersonal work relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward goals and objectives of draft priorities.
- Correctly complete consent forms with patients including signatures for N2O, extractions, and RCT TX in Open Dental.
- Correctly complete referral forms as instructed and according to Axiom Dentistry protocol and provide them to administrative staff.
- Handle laboratory procedures such as pouring impressions, model trimming, fabricating mouth guards, temporary crowns, retainers, and other appliances as well as case management follow-up. This shall include the correct documentation needed for lab slips and contact with the dental laboratory companies.
- Handle patient education such as post-op instructions, oral hygiene instructions, consent forms, and other forms of clinical education.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments when required.
- Provide a proper handoff to the administration staff and properly communicate ongoing treatment needs.
- Any other tasks assigned by Axiom Dentistry Leadership Team members.
- Each night, make post-up follow-up calls to any patients having invasive procedures such as extractions, and crowns.
- Dental office experience required.
- Dentrix software experience preferred.
Hours: M-Th-7:30-4:30 Fridays- 7:45-2:00 pm
- Superb interpersonal skills, customer service, organization, and excellent communication skills are desired
- Certification or Associate’s Degree from a college or technical school training program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation is required
- Computer skills and experience with dental software and updating patient histories is needed
- Need state licensure as a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Minimum 3 years of dental assisting experience as a registered dental assistant or certified dental assistant
- High school diploma
- Coronal Polishing Certificate
- DA II certificate
- Xray Certification
$22 - $25 hourly
We partner with leading dental care providers that are dedicated to improving the health of their patients – starting with their smile. Our partners have access to unparalleled support services backed by a dedicated clinical leadership team that shares your passion.