Woodlands Family Dental
Are you an experienced registered dental assistant who has a passion for working with oral healthcare patients? If so, we would love to talk with you. Our dental office is busy and growing with a need for a dedicated assistant to work with our dentists and hygienists to provide exemplary dental care for our patients. Our ideal candidate has 2-3 years of dental practice experience in an assisting role, has a current RDA license, and is excellent at customer service, organization, and communication skills. If this sounds like you, start your application today!
- Equip and prepare treatment rooms for examination and procedures by laying out necessary sterilized equipment, dental instruments, anesthetics, dental supplies, and materials
- Provide postoperative instructions with methods for infection control of the patients’ teeth and gums after procedures, answer any questions they may have about dental hygiene, and schedule appointments for patient care follow up
- Evaluate and document vital signs and medical history for patient records, take x-rays of patients’ mouths, and apply a topical anesthetic for dental procedures, if needed
- Support dentists and dental hygienists by handing off dental instruments, providing suction, and ensuring chair-side accessibility to the team during procedures or examinations
- Welcome patient and explain dental care treatment plans so they feel comfortable during their appointment
- Certification or Associate’s Degree from a college or technical school training program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation is required
- Must possess a current state license as a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Current BLS/CPR certification is required
- Proficiency with computers, and experience updating patient histories, and with dental software is necessary
- Minimum 3 years of dental assisting experience as a registered dental assistant or certified dental assistant
$32,000 - $36,000
About Woodlands Family Dental
Woodlands Family Dental offers a rewarding career with many opportunities to enjoy a bright future and professional satisfaction. It is our mission to provide our community with an exceptional dental experience and quality dentistry.