Glenn Family Dentistry
Dental Assistant needed in Centennial, CO. The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience as an EDDA dental assistant. The selected individual will provide efficient dental care and maintain a clean and safe environment in the dental office. Responsibilities will include assisting the dentist in all dental procedures, performing x-rays, and taking patient history. The successful applicant must also be comfortable with sterilization techniques and providing patient education. A valid dental assistant certification is also required. Personality is most important. If you are happy, upbeat, and a team player you will fit right in.
- Prepare treatment rooms for examination and procedures by ensuring ops are equipped with the necessary sterilized equipment, dental instruments, anesthetics, dental supplies, and materials.
- Greet patients and explain dental care treatment so they feel comfortable during the appointment.
- Take necessary patient vitals prior to treatments (blood pressure, temperature).
- Help dentists during procedures or examinations by providing suction, handing off dental instruments, and taking digital images.
- Provide EDDA skills as needed (place composite restorations, pack cord, fabricate temporaries).
- Provide postoperative instructions after procedures, answer any questions patients may have about dental care provided, and schedule appointments for follow-up care.
- Ensure dental office infection control policies and safety regulations are met by disinfecting and sterilizing all equipment and instruments after use.
- Help dental hygienists, as needed, during procedures or examinations by taking digital images, charting, and turning rooms.
- Maintain a timely schedule by managing patient and team flow.
- Lab case management, including tracking case picks up, progress, and delivery.
- Monitor and maintain inventory and supplies.
- Monitor and maintain dental equipment.
- Words that can be used to describe you include: fun, happy, cheerful, bubbly, and enthusiastic.
- You should be able to have fun while still getting things done.
- EDDA Certification.
- Great organizational skills.
- Proficiency with computers and Dentrix.
- Experience updating patient health history, charting & treatment planning, and scheduling.
- The ability to make people feel IMPORTANT and WELCOMED is crucial.
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Prior experience as an EDDA.
- Proficiency in placing composite restorations, packing cords, and making temporaries.
- Active BLS/CPR certification.
$25 - $30 hourly
About Glenn Family Dentistry
We offer an enjoyable, respectful, & professional work environment, highly compensated pay, and great benefits including: generous pto, holiday pay, health benefits, retirement opportunities.
We offer generous time off during holidays including 2 weeks off at the end of the year!
We believe in quality patient care and value the skills and judgment of our team. If you love dentistry and believe in the positive impact you can make for the families we serve and that trust us, please send your resume and cover letter for confidential consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!