Autonation Volkswagen Mall of Georgia
Our car dealership team is rapidly expanding, and we are currently looking for a new automotive technician to join our service center. The ideal candidate will be eager to diagnose and facilitate automotive repairs using our automotive computer software, and their electrical systems expertise. We’re looking for automotive technicians that like to problem solve until they find the best solution for the client. If you have the mechanical experience we’re searching for, apply today!
- Performing vehicle repair and/or maintenance work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards to drive Customer loyalty.
- Communicating with Parts Department and Service Advisors regularly to effectively manage production and Customer communication.
- Diagnosing the cause of any malfunction and performing a repair, if authorized by the Customer.
- Conducting multi-point inspections to make appropriate recommendations to ensure safety and reliability of Customer vehicles.
- Documenting work performed on each vehicle on the repair order.
- Maintaining an inventory of normal Technician’s tools not normally inventoried by the Service department as “special tools.”
- Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and participating in factory-sponsored training classes as appropriate.
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
How will I know if I am successful?
- The performance of a Certified Technician is measured by achieving:
- Targeted production
- Targeted sales
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
- High School diploma or equivalent, ASE certification, or comparable standard service technician credential, such as SAE, is attractive
- 2+ years experience as an automotive technician
- Automotive technical training program completion or equivalent years of experience is required; associates degree is a bonus)
- Attention to detail, strong customer service, and communications skills are needed
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
What are the opportunities for career growth?
- Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Service Technician role.
Opportunities may include:
- Master-Certified Technician
- Service Advisor
- Service Management
About Autonation Volkswagen Mall of Georgia
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.