The Mortgage Firm
Are you an organized, detail-oriented, mortgage industry professional looking for a lucrative opportunity on a growing team? We’re expanding and looking for an experienced mortgage underwriter to join us. You’ll conduct a thorough analysis of all real estate loan applications to ensure correct completion based on current investor guidelines and industry standards. If your skills align with the role, let’s connect!
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well-informed of decisions
- Ensure once all information is gathered that it is accurate, compliance standards are met, and it is in congruence with company policies
- Search clients’ employment and financial histories thoroughly to determine accuracy of all documentation
- Inquire about any additional information that is needed to determine loan risk
- Examine all documents and mortgage loan applications verifying that all necessary information is included for approval
- Excellent decision-making and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
- Understanding of home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, VA, conventional, and USDA, and loan products
- B.S. in business or related field required
- Minimum 5 years of mortgage underwriting experience with thorough knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA, FNMA, FHLMC, and investor guidelines required.
- DE Required; SAR/LAPP preferred.
About The Mortgage Firm
At The Mortgage Firm, we look for an ideal candidate who wears our integrity like a badge of honor. We have good moral character and take pride in our work and reputation. We have a go-getter attitude that has a lot of fun competing with each other. We understand that being open to feedback will only make us better, so accountability runs high in our organization. We treat each team member like family, so you’ll see anyone jump in and get the loan closed. Finally, we strive to communicate frequently with our borrowers and our team members. We always follow up on emails, text messages, voicemails, and phone calls. We hope this is the last place you’ll work.
We care about our employees! The Mortgage Firm, Inc. offers eligible employees a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, as well as a 401K with a discretionary employer match!
The Mortgage Firm, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.