Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc.
Are you a talented underwriter with great attention to detail, who is looking to take the next step in their career? We are rapidly expanding and looking for underwriters to join our team. We offer competitive compensation, support, and benefits to take your career to the next level. Please apply today.
- You will make independent credit decisions that commit us to $20-$30 million of lending every month.
- Review loans and issue an underwriting decision in compliance with the relevant Agency, Sun West, and Investor guidelines.
- Analyze the credit-worthiness, collateral, accuracy of Total Scorecard (DU/LP).
- Issue the Loan Analysis and the Loan Summary.
- Exclusively authorized to downgrade a loan to a Manual Underwrite, when required.
- Remain current on all federal and state regulations.
- MUST HAVE DE (CHUMS I.D).
- Be up-to-date with all relevant mortgagee letters, specifically ones released since 01/2008.
- Be actively underwriting FHA loans for the past 24 months.
- A minimum of 3 Yrs. experience in FHA and Conventional Underwriting.
- Knowledge of Investor Guidelines, Product Delivery, and AUS engines is required.
- Experienced with DU and LP preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Customer service and detail-oriented, responsible, and accurate.
- Calculate income accurately (per FHA / VA / Agency Guidelines), including but not limited to reviewing Tax Returns and any accompanying Tax Schedules.
- Verify assets required to close the loan, including but not limited to trailing funds, gift-funds, etc.
- Calculate the loan amount accurately in case of Rate and Term Refinance, Streamline Refinance, etc.
- Read and interpret the HUD 1 and can spot deficiencies, if any.
- Be aware of the following laws/regulations and know how to apply the same
- Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act (MDIA).
- RESPA Reforms - Appraisal Independence and HVCC.
- Have good/excellent Computer skills including but not limited to Web Browser, E-mail, Adobe Acrobat ® (Create PDF / Split PDF, etc.), Microsoft Office, and Google Apps.
- Have a good/excellent Typing skill/speed.
- Able to meet company set production volumes.
- Able to work additional hours as required.
$120,000 - $175,000 yearly
About Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc.
Sun West Mortgage Company, Inc. NMLS ID 3277 is a full service, mortgage banker established in 1980. The company's excellent service and fast turn-time have made Sun West a multi-billion dollar national originator. As a result, Sun West is a leader in offering a diverse set of products with low rates and excellent pricing. Sun West is a HUD-approved mortgagee (FHA & HECM), VA LAPP approved, USDA lender, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac Seller Servicer and Ginnie Mae Issuer. Sun West is a national leader in HMBS, residential, and commercial securitization.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule