Gwinnett Learning & Youth Entrepreneurship Academy
We are currently seeking Daycare Teachers who are Bilingual in Spanish and English! Please only apply if you can fluently speak and write in both English and Spanish.
Gwinnett Learning & Youth Entrepreneurship Academy's philosophy of "Hug First, Then Teach" is a basis that all teachers in our school must demonstrate daily. We believe that all children need to feel loved, comfortable, and appreciated in an educational setting to thrive academically and socially. Teachers are an intricate part of our team and the face of a classroom and school. As an active member of our teaching team, we expect our teachers to be passionate about educating and developing our young children.
Responsibilities and Duties: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishing and maintaining a classroom environment that utilizes space, materials, routines, and guidance techniques to effectively facilitate physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development of children.
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary, attractive, and well-organized classroom.
- Cleaning your classroom DAILY.
- Planning, teaching and implementing the curriculum for children from infants through preschool children.
- Providing love and quality care for the children throughout the day in order to meet their emotional and physical needs.
- Planning and executing indoor and outdoor experiences appropriate to the developmental levels of the children.
- Interacting with children both physically and verbally throughout the day.
- Assisting children with their personal hygiene and clean-up of classroom.
- Serving and eating meals with the children.
- Meeting with parents, staff, and administration.
- Attending and actively participating in in-service, staff development training programs and meetings.
- Maintaining knowledge of current state licensing requirements and Corporate requirements.
- Committing to continuing education and completing the state and Corporate required training in the field of early childhood education and First Aid, CPS, Fire Safety, and Health and Safety.
- Interact with children to support play, exploration, and learning.
- Partnering and communicating with parents to support, guide and share in their child's growth and development.
- Collaborating with your team to individualize daily activities and curriculum to meet the individual needs of the children.
Qualifications and Skills
- Write and speak English and Spanish - we offer a Bilingual Curriculum to all new learners.
- Early childhood education credentials - minimum CDA (Child Development Associate).
- TCC (Technical Certificate of Credit), Associate's, Bachelor's or higher degree a plus.
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years experience working with children.
- Be flexible and energetic on the job.
- Have the ability to juggle multiple duties.
- Able to resolve conflicts between children.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices.
$8 - $15 hourly
About Gwinnett Learning & Youth Entrepreneurship Academy
Voted Best Place to Work in Gwinnett Childcare. Currently licensed for 127 New Learners.
Our mission is to empower our team members to provide second mile service to our clients and become the industry model for childcare services.
Bonus reason to join our team: We're on a mission to raise thousands of dollars each year by donating time, money and resources to causes that matter like: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, The Lupus Foundation, Military Veterans, fatherless children initiatives and abused women causes. We would love to support your cause.
If you’re ready to serve families with children at the highest level, Apply Now!