Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
Do you want to take pride in what you do? Do you want to be able to see the end product of what you are working on daily? Look no more... Badger State Fruit Processing is hiring a full-time Shift Supervisor in our Juice Plant. This position manages all aspects of food preparation and packaging under the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices and SQF. Shift supervisors take on these responsibilities in addition to any operator role they fill.
- Hours: We are looking for candidates willing to work a 12 hour 2-2-3 schedule on our day shift (6 am to 6 pm) or night shift (6 pm to 6 am). By working a 2-2-3 you are only working half of the year leaving plenty of time for your personal and family activities!
- Compensation: Based on experience.
- Additional Compensation: Badger State Fruit Processing offers a $600 Sign-on bonus after 6 months of employment. Know someone that would be a great fit for our company? Have them apply and if they're hired and stay then you will receive a referral bonus! At Badger State Fruit Processing we value quality, safety, and our employees. Add all of those factors together and you are no on the receiving end of a Quarterly Incentive Bonus!
Benefits: Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc. offers a full benefits package including an incentive plan that pays quarterly up to 10% of your last quarter earnings! We also offer paid vacation, health insurance with a $3,400 HRA contribution to a single plan and a $6,800 HRA contribution to a family plan, a HSA account with a monthly employer contribution, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, 401K, long term disability, short term disability, and a $25,000 company paid Life and AD&D insurance.
Apply today to join our growing team!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with Hourly Employees and Support Departments daily to resolve technical problems, scheduling conflicts, equipment issues, and employee concerns
- Promote and lead an Audit-Ready work environment. Perform focused daily walk-around looking for GMP, housekeeping, and safety conditions that do not meet expectations and correcting in a timely manner to maintain audit readiness
- Conduct group meetings with all production departments to maintain open communication, air out concerns, and keep our people well informed of food safety or quality concerns
- Provide job-specific training
- Ensure that all operating procedures and standards are being adhered to at all times
- Monitor proper utilization of all processing paperwork on the shift
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment for all employees
- Review Operation Performance with employees to pinpoint areas of opportunity
- Anticipate problem areas of engagements and questions that will arise.
- Ensure GMP and SQF compliance and monitoring of HACCP CCP and Pre-requisite programs
- Create Incident Reports and Corrective and Preventive Action Requests upon reporting of an issue
- Monitor visitor and contractor activity in the facility
- Communicate potential and actual Food Safety Issues to personnel (direct Supervisor or QA) to initiate the corrective action process.
- SDC Supervisors Only-Monitor and operate the Dryer to meet product specifications.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and instruct other team members on engagements including the delegation of duties and the review of work performed by other team members
- Attend functions and events that promote the firm with clients, potential clients, and peers
- Maintain familiarity with all team members and review assignments
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Education and Experience – High school or general education diploma (GED) and production experience preferred
- Team Building – Ability to work effectively with others
- Confidentiality – Has the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client and/or employee matters
- Industry Knowledge – Manufacturing processes, quality systems and standards, OSHA and SQF compliance, best management practices, develop and track key performance indicators, business, and financial principles
- Relationship Development – Able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients and staff. Has the ability to solicit, process, and integrate inputs and ideas from peers and executives. Recognizes areas of conflict or disagreement and deals with them through open and honest dialogue. Effectively provides feedback
- Planning and Organizing – Able to assist in monitoring ongoing company operations and anticipating concerns. Can create contingency plans to ensure ongoing company success
- Mathematical – A basic understanding of mathematical principles such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Technology – Proficient in the use of computers and computer software. Have a working understanding of production equipment and required maintenance needs
- Other – Ability to constantly stand/walk; climb stairs; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with the left or right hand. Use of motor skills to safely drive tow motors in tight quarters. Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with temperatures ranging from 55°-95°F
- Badger State Fruit Products and Services.
$17 - $19 hourly
About Badger State Fruit Processing, Inc.
Badger State Fruit Processing is one of the largest, independent, cranberry growers in the country! We have our own receiving station, cold storage freezers, juice concentrating facility, sweetened dried facility, distribution warehouses, and Gardner Trucking. We deliver superior quality fruit and superior customer service.
Visit our website: www.badgerstatefruit.com
Or Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pg/GardnerCranberry/about