Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance of Idaho
The Data Engineer will work with the Sr. Data Engineer to build business data collection systems and processing pipelines. The Data Engineer will also maintain and support a Data Warehouse and look for opportunities to increase efficiencies. In addition, they will help build data processing frameworks that handle the business’s database.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements
- Work closely with teams and gather technical requirements for data governance across the company.
- Help develop and maintain reliable data pipelines.
- Assist in building frameworks and tools to empower data analysts.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions.
- Help build, maintain, and improve the Data Warehouse.
- Identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes.
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on unstructured datasets.
- Ability to build processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency, and metadata.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing in a clear and concise manner
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Reliability – Ability to be dependable and trustworthy
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion
- Professionalism - Avoid business or personal activities that present a conflict of interest. Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company
Skills & Abilities
- 2+ years in data management including Data Warehousing using star schema
- Knowledge in industry data engineering best practices
- Experience in SQL query design and implementation
- Experience in SQL performance tuning and query optimization by indexing, partitioning and denormalization
- Familiar with Informatica
- Experience with SSIS & SSRS
- Familiar with migrating and converting data from one system to another
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working with MySQL, flat files, and DB2
- Experience with ODBC connections
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
- Experience in documenting workflows and processes
- Insurance industry software experience (specifically Guidewire)
- Experience with an Enterprise Accounting System
- Experience in AWS and Azure environments
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, and PowerShell
- Using Big Data platforms
- Experience working with reporting tools like Cognos, Tableau
- Experience with statistical software such as R, Minitab, SAS, etc.
- Knowledge of test-driven development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
$60,000 to $80,000 DOE
About Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance of Idaho
Our employees are rewarded with a competitive salary, a benefit program that recognizes the diverse needs of our employees, and the security of a well-established company.
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Parental Leave/Major Medical Leave
- 7 1/2 Hour Work Days
- Purchased Vacation
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee Profit-Sharing Plan
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (Tax-Free Spending Account)
- Loans, Savings, and Investments available through Farm Bureau Finance Company
- Cancer, Accident, and Short-Term Disability insurance plans are also available