SCM Group North America
Customer Service/Spare Parts Specialist
SCM Group North America, an innovative leader in products and systems for the woodworking industry, has an open opportunity in our Duluth Georgia offices. We are seeking a customer-oriented person with strong administrative skills to join our Spare Parts team. This is an overtime-eligible, base + commissions position with a strong opportunity to earn monthly commissions.
The Customer Service Spare Parts Specialist is dedicated to providing top-notch customer service in a commercial business-to-business environment, participating in outbound sales activities, administering inventory/returns, warranty administration, and providing other general office support.
Compensation: $35,000-$40,000 base + monthly commissions
- Works as part of the Spare Parts team to increase sales, making outbound calls and handling incoming phone calls from customers.
- Order placement and administration: Assists customers with replacement part ordering, part identification, and verification to include order entry; recognition and processing of new customer accounts; notification of back-ordered parts.
- Answers phones and addresses customer inquiries regarding spare parts questions, resolves order issues, confirms delivery status, etc.
- Email sorting and proper forwarding for best resolution;
- Invoice administration; processing daily invoices; manual cross-referencing of invoices; collaboration with other departments to ensure invoices are accurate and timely.
- Obtains purchase orders or credit card information from clients to maintain accurate billing information for telephone support. Establishment of new accounts during this process.
- Preparation of warranty paperwork for each new spare part processed for the customer.
- Inventory administration: Assists with the identification and inventory of parts as needed by the customer; assist with the picking, packaging, receiving, distribution, and shipment of parts to the customer location.
- Responsible for the reintegration of parts returned by customers. Parts are reentered into inventory or returned to the factory for credit.
- Other general clerical duties such as secondary receptionist support, faxing, filing, etc.
- Minimum education required is a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years experience in customer service, logistics, and/or inventory environment.
- Excellent use of verbal, and written communication and exemplary phone demeanor.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to maintain good customer relations and resolve issues satisfactorily.
- Good computer skills, with experience in Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Excited to be part of an office-based team in a fast-paced, and detailed oriented environment.
- The ability to work effectively with people in a diverse environment where change and flexibility are essential.
- Fully fluent in English. Proficiency in another language such as Spanish or Italian is a plus.
- Possess an aptitude for electro-mechanical or machine repair concepts.
- Prior experience in a business-to-business commercial environment.
- Prior experience within an industrial machine industry working with parts or services.
- Intermediate Excel skills; functions, making charts, and producing reports.
About SCM Group North America
SCM Group North America is a world leader in industrial woodworking machinery. We are part of SCM Group S.p.a. Italy, providing the most advanced skills and know-how in the fields of machinery and industrial components over the last 70 years. SCM Group North America is the center of all North American Sales, Service, and Spare parts, supporting our customers in the furniture, construction, cabinetry, and various other market sectors.
We offer a team-oriented work environment, competitive compensation, and a strong benefits package, including affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage; company-paid STD, LTD, and Life; plus a 401(k) with matching.