Rural Mutual Insurance
Customer Service Representative - Property & Casualty Insurance
Become a member of our outstanding property & casualty customer service team. Process policy changes and provide exceptional customer service via phone or email to our agents and customers.
Compensation plus a complete benefits package including health, dental, life, LTD, and vision insurance, a matching 401(k) plan, and an employee bonus plan.
- Process commercial, farm, and personal lines policy transactions by reviewing new business, changes, and renewals based upon written underwriting guidelines.
- Accurately complete service requests including system entry in a timely manner and with high quality.
- Work with internal/external underwriting staff to resolve coverage and processing questions.
- Process daily Farm Bureau new memberships, changes, and payments timely and accurately.
- Process Crop Hail new business and payments timely and with high quality. Follow up on outstanding payments during the crop hail season.
- Perform billing-related functions by applying and validating payments for billings, reinstatements, cancellations, and collections from various payment channels. Assist with tasks related to a daily deposit. Release of premium refunds.
- Answer Inquiries via phone and email from Agents, Agent Assistants, Customers, and 3rd parties by receiving questions regarding policy or billing via telephone, workflow software, FAX, electronic mail, Internet, or written requests and respond accurately, promptly, and in a professional manner.
- Participate in FNOL (First Notice of Loss) entry as required for claims reporting during catastrophe situations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Prior office experience, preferably in property and casualty insurance.
- Previous farm and/or commercial insurance experience a plus.
- Type accurately at 55 WPM.
- Ability to process one or more lines of business.
- Proficient PC skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective Telephone Skills.
- Ability to keep the information confidential.
- Ability to multi-task on a PC while conducting telephone conversations.
- Team Player.
- Understanding and application of general accounting principles.
- Understanding of the insurance business and products of Rural Mutual Insurance Company preferred.
- Proven Customer Service experience preferred.
- Accounts receivable experience.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Participation in industry-related programs such as IIA etc preferred.
$34,000 - $37,000
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the 12th consecutive year and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.
This is the kind of company you want to work for doing the kind of job you love to do…protecting people and property.
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services, and provides competitive compensation packages for our employees.
We also provide all of the tools you need to be successful working from your home office including company vehicle and access to continued professional development and education.