Become a member of our outstanding customer service team. This entry level position provides the opportunity for someone to learn and perform the various functions of the department.
- Process policy transactions by reviewing new business, changes and renewals based upon written underwriting guidelines and accurately complete service requests including entering of information into the appropriate computer system in a timely manner. Work with internal/external underwriting staff to resolve coverage questions.
- Perform direct claim reporting duties by receiving, recording and entering loss information into the appropriate system, confirming coverage, giving instructions and assistance to callers and determining type and cause codes and claims adjuster assignment criteria.
- Perform billing related functions by applying and validating payments for billings, reinstatements, cancellations and collections from various payment channels. Assist with tasks related to daily deposit. Release of premium refunds.
- Answer Inquiries from Agents, Agent Assistants and Customers and 3rd parties by receiving questions regarding policy, billing or claims via telephone, workflow software, FAX, electronic mail, Internet or written requests and respond accurately, promptly and in a professional manner.
- Participate in On-Call Storm Coverage Team by taking on-call coverage on a rotating basis to provide claims coverage during storm season as identified in the On-Call Storm Team Coverage Requirements.
- Develop and maintain an acceptable productivity and quality level by working with Team Leader to understand processes and procedures and effective use of the systems to reach and maintain productivity and quality levels according to departmental standards.
- Assist with the daily distribution and prepping of incoming and outgoing mail and daily UPS shipments.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Prior office experience, preferably in property and casualty insurance.
- Proficient PC skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective telephone skills.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate on-call and peak storm coverage for claims.
- Ability to multi-task on a PC while conducting telephone conversations.
- Team player.
- Basic bookkeeping/accounting skills.
- Proven customer service experience preferred.
- Accounts receivable experience.
- Problem solving skills.
- Participation in industry related programs such as IIA, etc preferred.
$27,000 - $31,000 based on experience
About Rural Mutual
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the ninth consecutive year and is rated “A” with a positive outlook by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” for 3 consecutive years.
This is the kind of company you want to work for doing the kind of job you love to do…
Rural Mutual places significant value in providing our policyholders best in class services, and provides a competitive compensation package for our employees.