We are looking for a Customer Service Manager to be part of our team in Fishers Indiana. This person will lead a team of customer service specialists, responding to incoming customer requests, performing data entry and working with other company departments to solve customer needs, This is a working manager position, thus the successful candidate will also be expected to perform these duties. This position reports to the Director of Operations, located in our Ft Wayne office.
- Work with Director of Operations to support overall pricing and margin initiatives.
- Mentor and coach staff.
- Work with senior management to implement initiatives and strive to achieve “World Class Customer Service”.
- Implement initiatives from and provide feedback to the Director of Operations.
- Offer improvement ideas to President, Director of Operations and Director of Sales.
- Adhere to and encourage customer service team to achieve customer service initiatives, as directed by manager.
- Work from the Fishers office Monday through Friday during working hours (currently 8-5).
- Balance the workload among the team, verify they are not overwhelmed, and they are processing customer requests as required.
- Perform customer service tasks. Respond to customer inquiries. Work with inside application engineering specialists to assist customers with technical requests. Prepare customer quotations. Process and expedite customer orders as needed.
- Run the Fishers branch in so much as if there is a facility need or problem you either take care of it or make building management aware of the larger things. Simply need to monitor needs, make sure business systems are operational, supplies are adequate, and the doors are opened/closed/locked at the appropriate time.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of coworkers, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to work from the Fishers Indiana office to mentor and manage the staff.
- Customer service experience required, management experience is helpful, but not required.
- Working in a customer service/management role in an industrial environment for a distributor or manufacturing company is a plus.
- Ability to work within and manage a team to agreed-upon performance levels.
- Willing to "own" the customer service function at IFP, asking for help where needed, but taking a sense of pride in the team's accomplishments. Desire to be considered a best-in-class customer service team by our customers and suppliers.
- Computer savvy, knowledge of Microsoft Office products and ability to learn our internal ERP system, TrulinX.
- College degree is helpful, but not required.
About IFP Automation
IFP Automation is family owned since 1976 with operations in Ft Wayne and Fishers, Indiana, we are a leading provider of electrical automation and fluid power products. We have a sales focus in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, and Kentucky. Although we have grown dramatically in the last few years, we take great pride in maintaining our core values. Our core values are honesty, integrity, innovation, teamwork, excellence, and people development. We strive for efficiency, comfort and peace of mind for our employees and customers.