Neighborhood Nerds, Inc.
The Neighborhood Nerds Member Center is divided into three teams - Member Care Nerds, Sales Nerds, Support Nerds. Member Care Nerds spend all of their time in the Member Center engaging Members.
Member Care Nerds are responsible for opening and closing the Member Center. MCN's answer all incoming calls, collect all pertinent information, create tickets, and pass information on to Sales, Support, or Management. Member Care Nerds proactively call, email, write Members and update the documentation we keep on file for each Member. You will also inform members of upcoming events. You will proactively ask the member if there is anything we could be doing better. You will educate the member on benefits of Membership and make them aware of services we offer. You will respond to requests and schedule the appropriate Nerd to help.
The primary role of the Member Care Nerd is Advocate. You are an Advocate for the Member and work on their behalf to ensure the rest of the team exceeds the Member's expectations.
ALL Member requests flow through our MCN's. MCN's fully qualify the need of the Member and translate that need to the Owner, Manager, Sales and Support Nerds as necessary.
Your primary lagging metric is "Member Retention".
- Open the store... our Member Care Nerds are Morning people and love opening the store and setting up for the day.
- Decorate the store for various holidays
- Clean-up, Pick-up, Turn on the lights, check Restrooms for supplies, Get music playing, start a fresh pot of coffee.
- Check voicemails - Create or update a ticket for each voicemail message. Respond to the Member via phone, email, text and record engagement in the Ticketing System.
- Check for any New tickets or Updates submitted by Members to our ticketing system. Make sure the ticket is updated. Respond to the Member via the Ticketing System.
- Review any open Tickets and update Member with the latest status. Request updates from Nerds as necessary.
- Continue contacting members to update documentation, inform them of changes, upcoming events, etc.
- Answer phones, greet members, always smile!
- Record relevant information on Member interactions and support, using a variety of tools including but not limited to MHelpDesk, Slack, Google Drive, Trello.
- Recommend best solutions for Members by understanding their needs, desires, competency levels, and financial constraints.
- Present technology, concepts, etc. to Members and Nerds.
- Arrive on-time and ready to work for your pre-approved schedule. Hours are flexible... you can work as much or as little as you like but you must make sure your shift is covered if you are not able to work.
- Warmly welcome every Member as they enter the store. We expect all Nerds to be engaging and caring.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Happy, Happy, Happy - our MCNs need to be very upbeat, engaging, and gregarious
- An aptitude for acquiring skills in technology and an eagerness to learn.
- Excellent time management skills and can make decisions quickly.
- Being a little OCD is helpful.
- Adapt to an ever-changing work environment. This is a prototype store for future stores.
- Information gathering and data entry
- Document creation
- Technical writing
- Call Center
- Word Processing (we document everything)
- Problem Solving (quickly troubleshoot and fix issues)
- Research (find answers in our Knowledge Base, our Ticketing System, another Nerd, On-line, Etc.)
- Educating (teaching Members and other Nerds)
- Marketing/Selling (all Nerds are expected to know and communicate effectively the benefits of NN Membership).
- Experience with the following is a benefit - Slack, Trello, Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail, MS Office.
- Feel free to research our company and our tools before you apply. We love prepared Nerds!
- Actively enrolled College Student or recently graduated.
- Grammar and spelling are very important since most of our Members are not just educated but HIGHLY educated!
- So, even though we don't require a four-year degree, we do need our Nerds to speak and write well.
About Neighborhood Nerds, Inc.
Neighborhood Nerds is more Life Support than Technical Support. Our members pay a monthly fee to have access to a team of Nerds who provide a Concierge-type service. Our membership model allows our Nerds to know our Members and their technology. This knowledge gives our Nerds the best possible opportunity for success each and every time. Successfully providing solutions to our Members is the primary goal of Neighborhood Nerds.
Our Nerds strive to increase proactive engagements with our members while reducing reactive requests. Every Nerd is responsible for maintaining the knowledge base for all members. Each Nerd is constantly updating Member Profiles, Member Manuals, Notes, etc. so we always have a complete understanding of who the member is and how we can best serve them. Nerds are also required to engage all members EVERY month via phone, email, note, visit, etc.