The Nieves Law Firm, APC
At The Nieves Law Firm, we believe in creating trusting relationships with clients. We are a supportive, empowering, and strategic firm that takes the “criminal” out of criminal defense. Our mission is to restore the reputations of those accused of crimes and help them plan for the future.
We are seeking a skilled and professional in-house investigator for our firm. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in criminal investigations. Specifically, we are seeking someone who understands criminal process and procedure, the legal challenges faced by criminal defense attorneys, and the most effective means of locating individuals and documents.
- Draft and serve subpoenas to ensure court attendance and secure records or documents from institutions and familiarity with resources commonly used to quickly locate parties or records needed for effective criminal defense.
- Locate, interview, and serve witnesses and parties. Writing and communication skills are critical for this position.
- Investigate and document social media accounts, the contents of cell phone and computer extractions, and other media sources for information favorable to a client’s defense.
- Draft Investigative Statements.
- Assist attorney with on-scene investigations including but not limited to photographs, measurements, surveillance, procurement of existing footage, or any other assignment that will assist the attorney in developing and defending the case.
- Adapt quickly to working in a supportive but fast-paced environment where hard deadlines are the norm and multitasking is essential.
- Demonstrate the excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism required in a cooperative and goal-oriented environment.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Candidates should be prepared to present specific experiences where their work played an integral part in the successful resolution of a criminal case or acquittal
- Willingness to travel throughout Alameda County and surrounding Bay Area
- High energy and enthusiastic
- Prepared self-starter
- Committed to providing high-quality client service
- Familiarity with Mac OSX
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a criminal investigator
$60,000 - $75,000 yearly
About The Nieves Law Firm, APC
At The Nieves Law Firm, we take the criminal out of criminal defense - our mission is to restore the reputation of individuals who have been accused of crimes and help them plan for a better future.
Our firm has been named as the 12th fastest-growing law firm in the nation by Law Firm 500. Our managing attorney has been named a Northern California Rising Star Super Lawyer every year since 2016 and The Nieves Law Firm has also been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies run by Florida State University Alumni.
We attribute our success to our belief in our core values of Truth, Restoration, Action, Compassion, and Knowledge and we are looking for team members who will be able to uphold the same values and provide excellent service to our clients.