The Nieves Law Firm, APC
At The Nieves Law Firm, we believe in creating trusting relationships with clients. We are a supportive, empowering, and strategy firm that takes the “criminal” out of criminal defense. Our mission is to restore the reputations of those accused of crimes and help them plan for the future.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Attorney with a minimum of 7 years of criminal defense experience. Experience in non-criminal defense practice areas will not count towards the minimum requirement. Candidates must possess felony jury trial, preliminary hearing, substantive motion, and post-conviction experience.
Our total compensation package includes a base salary of $100,000 - $140,000 plus health/dental/vision contributions, mileage reimbursement, bar dues, malpractice insurance, parking, and other bonuses and benefits.
- Be committed to criminal defense, protecting the rights of those accused, and fighting for excellent results
- Prepare for hearings in advance, research potential issues, draft appropriate motions, and take a proactive approach to reach positive resolutions
- Guide the clients clearly and provide competent strategic advice
- Help manage the legal division – assisting in training and guiding Junior Attorneys with cases and delegating tasks to administrative staff
- Lead case management meetings – providing insight, direction, and strategy for all cases in the firm
- Advocate for and secure the best possible outcome for clients
- Submit motions and other filings on time - meeting internal and external deadlines
- Arrive at work and court on time in professional and appropriate attire
- Maintain a good rapport with our clients and treat them with respect
- Fully participate in quarterly goal setting and performance reviews
- Participate in ongoing training as required by the Firm
- High energy and enthusiastic
- Prepared self-starter
- Committed to providing high-quality client service
- Familiarity with Mac OSX
- Experience with online case management systems
- A minimum of 10 felony jury trials and preliminary hearings
- Experience drafting and arguing substantive motions
- Experience drafting and arguing post-conviction motions (1473.7, Certificates of Rehabilitation, Writs of Habeas Corpus, Appeals, etc.)
- Possess a J.D. and be in good standing with the State Bar of CA
- Willingness to travel throughout Alameda County and surrounding Bay Area
$100,000 - $140,000 yearly
About The Nieves Law Firm, APC
At The Nieves Law Firm, we take the criminal out of criminal defense - our mission is to restore the reputation of individuals who have been accused of crimes and help them plan for a better future.
Our firm has been named as the 12th fastest-growing law firm in the nation by Law Firm 500. Our managing attorney has been named a Northern California Rising Star Super Lawyer every year since 2016 and The Nieves Law Firm has also been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies run by Florida State University Alumni.
We attribute our success to our belief in our core values of Truth, Restoration, Action, Compassion, and Knowledge and we are looking for team members who will be able to uphold the same values and provide excellent service to our clients.