Law Office of Patrick J. McLain, PLLC.
We are currently seeking a new criminal defense associate attorney to join our team. We are trial attorneys who want to fight for our clients and get the best results. You will be provided with support and a comfortable work environment to get the job done.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manage a diverse and substantial caseload from intake to case completion
- Develop case strategy
- Effectively work with clients and witnesses
- Independently handle day-to-day decision-making on a case by case basis
- Regularly meet with courts and opposing counsel to effectively move cases forward to a successful conclusion
- Perform monthly case reviews and ensure communication with clients
- Ensuring all client notes and data are captured in the Case Management System
- Analyze case-specific legal issues and document as required
- Prepare for and attend hearings and trials
- Ensure that all deadlines are calendared accurately and attended without fail
- Approve all legal documents and ensure that they are filed by deadline
- Build a strong relationship with team and client
- Provide leadership and direction to Paralegals and Legal Assistants
- Work as part of a team with all levels of experiences
- Foster and maintain an excellent rapport with clients
- Cultivate relationships with the firm’s referral sources
- Record all time daily to ensure minimum hours are billed in client services each week
Top 5 competencies/characteristics to be successful in the POSITION
- Time Priority Management
- Confident and resilient
Top 5 competencies/characteristics to be successful in RELATIONSHIPS (culture fit)
- Sound Judgment
- Teamwork Collaboration
Technical Skills (unlimited, but required – not desired)
- Written Communication
- Legal Research
- Motion and other criminal case document drafting
- TX Criminal Procedure
- Federal Criminal Procedure
- ECF and Efile Texas
Education & Experience
- 5 years minimum experience
- Graduate from an accredited law school and be licensed to practice law for state(s) in which working.
- Be in good standing with the State Bar of Texas.
$60,000 - $98,000 yearly
About Law Office of Patrick J. McLain, PLLC.
We are a Dallas-based law firm specializing in criminal defense and military justice. We take pride in fighting for people when the government is going after them and our primary concern is preserving the reputations and futures of our clients.