The Creative Manager is responsible for developing and executing multi-platform creative content for ThirtyOne Labs, an industry-leading recreational & medical marijuana company based in Southern California. The Creative Manager works closely with the Marketing Manager to create content that builds the ThirtyOne Labs brand and increases sales. The Creative Manager actively engages with members of the marketing, sales, operations teams, as well as other cross functional departments to ensure effective storytelling and continuity in the company’s marketing message. The Creative Manager adheres to and promotes ThirtyOne Labs’ values by performing these respective duties in a manner that supports and contributes to the achievement of ThirtyOne Labs’ mission and goals.
- Manages the creative process from concept to execution.
- Translates marketing objectives and business functions into clear, creative storytelling.
- Develops multi-platform creative content, including but not limited to digital communication, print collateral, short-format video, social media, website, email, and large-format branding.
- Works closely with the Marketing Manager to design outbound email campaign content with a focus on design layout and call to action.
- Develops and manages social media content including design, copywriting, and video.
- Develops all marketing materials in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures branding guidelines, visual communication and brand standards are adhered to including style, design, and placement.
- Supports creative and public relations agency partners with any necessary graphics, photography, and videography direction.
- Assists with event design and execution as needed.
- Actively engages with cross-functional departments to gain a working knowledge of the industry and internal processes.
- Keeps up with the latest trends of creative and technology in the social and digital space.
- Creates and maintains a marketing materials library to include all collateral in a logical and easily accessible manner; ensures it is continuously up to date.
- Completes all tasks within expected deadlines.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- Experience in the cannabis industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding customer service, ability to work in teams, and flexibility
- The ability to read, write, and speak English fluently in order to communicate with coworkers, understand complex written instructions and input required information
- Superior time management skills, including the ability to multitask and simultaneously monitor multiple processes
- At least three years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and a working understanding of HTML/CSS and web browser capabilities, plus strong typography, video, motion graphics and interaction design skills
- Ability to interact with and advise all levels of the organization, including presenting to management
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
$75,000 annual salary
About ThirtyOne Labs
At ThirtyOne Labs, we are committed to moving the medical and recreational marijuana industry forward. With over a decade of botanical extraction experience, we manufacture high-quality THC distillate and concentrates with zero additives or impurities. Our products fuel industry-leading brands, co-packers, manufacturers and distributors throughout California. Our facilities are powered by world-class manufacturing experts and state-of-the-art extraction and distillation equipment.
ThirtyOne Labs is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with California and federal laws and regulations, ThirtyOne Labs prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.