Gwinnett Learning & Youth Entrepreneurship Academy
Non-Traditional Teachers Wanted!
Make a Difference and Use your creativity to Make Impact in Young Learners?
Gwinnett Learning & Youth Entrepreneurship Academy's philosophy of "Hug First, Then Teach" is a basis that all teachers in our school must demonstrate daily.
We believe that all children need to feel loved, comfortable, and appreciated in an educational setting to thrive academically and socially. Teachers are an intricate part of our team and the face of a classroom and school. As an active member of our teaching team, we expect our teachers to be passionate about educating and developing our young children.
Receive competitive pay with unlimited bonus income opportunity. Plentiful teacher supplies and the opportunity to gain industry credentials.
Our creative and awesome lead Teachers are responsible for preparing our new learners to exceed all Kindergarten standards:
- Create advanced Curriculum's and Lesson Plans.
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Attend to children's basic needs by providing the following: snacks, proper restroom breaks, reinforcing proper standards of hygiene and any other basic childcare need to promote a safe and enriched learning environment.
- Teach age-appropriate skills based on the child’s abilities such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and procedures for transitions throughout the day.
- Use literacy through read alouds', small and whole group learning time and individual centers.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Keep organized daily and weekly assessments of student progress.
- Provide weekly lesson plans that incorporate accommodations for children.
- Have a daily, weekly and monthly communication log with parents through newsletters, emails, and calendars.
- Lead 3 year old classroom in a fun, interactive environment.
- Extremely organized.
- 2 years experience working with toddlers in a Licensed Child Care Center.
- Infant, Child and Adult CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire or achieve certification within 30 days from date of hire.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree, CDA, Associates Degree in ECE, TCC, TCD,
- Impeccable references and a proven track record of caring and nurturing children.
- Flexibility as to the hours and schedule of work.
$11 - $16 hourly
About Gwinnett Learning & Youth Entrepreneurship Academy
Voted Best Place to Work in Gwinnett Childcare.
Our mission is to empower our team members to provide second mile service to our clients and become the industry model for childcare services.
Bonus reason to join our team: We're on a mission to raise thousands of dollars each year by donating time, money and resources to causes that matter like: Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, The Lupus Foundation, Military Veterans, fatherless children initiatives and abused women causes. We would love to support your cause.
If you’re ready to serve families with children at the highest level, Apply Now!