Five Star Technology Solutions
The focus of this position is to provide onsite technical support for end-users including students, teachers, support staff, and school administrators covering multiple school districts across a limited geographical region.
The individual in this highly-visible position must possess outstanding communication and troubleshooting skills, as well as the ability to prioritize information and support requests.
- Provide Tier I onsite technical support for the school by responding to issues submitted by the school staff and/or students.
- Schedule and execute device deployment at beginning of school year and collection of 1:1 devices at the end of the school year.
- Perform computer imaging, software installations, and maintain/repair technology inventory.
- Troubleshoot and repair various devices and peripheral equipment including, but not limited to, iPads, Macbooks, Chromebooks, Windows laptops, Windows Desktop PCs, interactive whiteboards, etc.
- Help maintain and implement the overall technology vision for the school
- Escalate problems to higher-level technical support professionals when necessary. Collaborate and communicate with higher-level technical support until problems are fully resolved.
- Be exceedingly flexible with scheduling and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Communicate with school personnel and other colleagues regarding the status of tickets, projects, and other important technology updates and changes.
- Coordinate weekly schedule with the regional director.
- 1-3 years technical experience in a desktop support position, K-12 education experience is preferred.
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred, CompTIA Network+ certification also preferred.
- Excellent customer service background with professional appearance and communication skills required.
- Work both effectively with others in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Identify Tier 1 issues and resolve them without direction.
- Ability to lift and move computers and other potentially heavy technology hardware.
- Possess reliable transportation to travel between schools and districts.
- Maintain an organized work area.
- Work normal school hours including school breaks/intermissions while also being reachable and flexible to work critical and urgent tickets that may come in during nonschool hours.
About Five Star Technology Solutions
At Five Star, we believe technology can transform education to meet the needs of today’s K-12 learners. Our K-12 focused team understands the pressures teachers and schools face and believe the “one size fits all” approach dominating the education market is failing teachers and students. That is why we developed a unique suite of educator-requested, educator-developed technology solutions to help students and schools succeed, including managed services and professional development.