Spera Law Group, LLC
Are you an experienced corporate attorney with outstanding negotiation and communication skills and in-depth transactional knowledge of multiple areas of the law? If so, we’d love to connect. Our company is ramping up for massive growth, and we need someone to provide sound counsel on a variety of legal matters and help us analyze, negotiate, and execute deals. Our ideal applicant will have several years of corporate law experience, be in good standing with the state bar association, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
We're looking for part-time help. If you have a book of business, you'd like us to help you service, that's even better.
If this sounds like a fit, start your application today!
- Advise clients towards best practices in corporate law regulation compliance by providing legal advice on corporate governance, policies, procedures, finances, intellectual property, employment, operations, and regulatory issues
- Analyze the legal risk and legal rights of various company structures, and make recommendations for corporation, joint venture, limited partnership, and limited liability company options
- Oversee support staff, paralegals, and outside lawyers hired to assist
- Evaluate current and new projects, partnerships, mergers, divestitures, and acquisitions for potential legal issues
- Act as legal counsel to clients during legal proceedings, litigations, and administrative board reviews when necessary
- Estate and business succession planning (Wills, Living Wills, Powers of Attorney, etc.)
- Intellectual Property, including Trademark, Brand Protection, and IP Assignment
- Hiring and Firing Employees
- Negotiating partnership buy-outs, sales, and purchases of businesses and preparing the relevant transactional documents.
- Real Estate Leases
- Developing Contract Templates, Examples, Best Practices, and written procedures
- Participating in our daily huddles, weekly work reviews, and team-building exercises.
- Advance transactional knowledge and understanding of corporate law, securities law, and tax law is vital
- 3-5 years of experience as a corporate lawyer, a staff attorney or associate attorney for a corporate law firm, or as in-house counsel for a corporation
- Be a member in good standing of the state bar association and possess a license to practice law
- Bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and communication skills are vital
- Licensed in Louisiana (Texas is a bonus)
$65,000 to start
About Spera Law Group, LLC
Our firm is the outside legal department for growing Small Businesses. We focus on proactively representing businesses and protecting them from the wide variety of risks they face. This includes succession and tax planning, equity structures, intellectual property such as trademarks, drafting and reviewing contracts, resolving disputes and litigation, hiring and firing employees, and all the non-legal issues that come up along the way.
We sell our services on a subscription basis, and when clients need work outside those carefully defined scopes, we create value-priced proposals so our clients know what they're paying before we actually do the work. We're not selling services by the hour.
Our employees typically work from home using systems that were in place well before COVID. We still need to meet each other and clients in person though, so we maintain a professional office. New Orleans candidates are preferred, but not required.