American Society of Travel Advisors
ASTA is looking for a Coordinator to join our growing Business Development team. This role is responsible for managing the ASTA exhibitor and sponsor experience at our events throughout the year (both domestically and internationally). The ideal candidate will be perceptive and aware of the exhibitor experience from the conception of an event to the follow-up. He/she will work with several departments within ASTA to ensure the exhibitor experience is polished each step of the way. The goal for this role is to improve our exhibitor's event experience and expand the percentage of repeat event exhibitors year over year.
This unique position requires an equally unique personality, one who has a sense of ownership while also maintaining a “team player” attitude. This person should be curious, a self-starter, have a positive outlook, and pay strong attention to the details.
- Manage the exhibitor registration process from creation to execution. Duties to include: develop each individual form set-up depending on the needs of the event, input form set up (in Eshow and in our iMIS database system) test registration websites, collaborate with the creative team to create badge templates, produce exhibitor badges, determine the on-site registration desk needs and set-up, etc.
- Manage floor plans and booth inventory for all events
- Build and execute pre and post-registration email communication plan for exhibitors
- Identify and collect key information needed for a smooth registration process
- Create and provide event reports to internal stakeholders
- Prepare/collate meeting badges, tickets, and ribbons
- Work with the director of marketing to develop exhibitor registration questions
- Assist Meetings Manager as needed with: rooming lists, transfers, keeping event website current and review/proof the program of events when needed
- Develop post-event survey questions and help to collect registration trends from this data
- Manage event sponsorships at events with other Business Development Coordinator (speaking time, branding, logo recognition, signage, etc.)
- Manage Sponsor Invites to the Annual ASTA Advocacy Dinner, our black-tie gala. Manage escort cards and logistic material to ensure a smooth sponsor experience
- Provide support to the other Business Development Coordinator with non-event sponsorships and assist with webinars as needed
- Develop an understanding of industry best practices and execute strategies to continuously improve and streamline our processes
- You’re educated: bachelor’s degree
- You’re computer savvy: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- You’ve got skills: excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- You’re a people person: customer or member service experience
- You’re a juggler: ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- You are curious: always looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and give and receive feedback
- You are a self-starter: when you see a need, you address it
- You always go the extra mile: bonus skills!
- Proficiency in Real Magnet or other HTML email program is a plus
- Sales/marketing/business development experience or related field is a plus
- Knowledge of iMIS database system and event management programs (such as Eshow or Cvent) is a plus
$50,000 - $53,000
About American Society of Travel Advisors
The American Society of Travel Advisors (ASTA) is the trade association for the travel agency community. ASTA’s mission is to promote and defend the industry through proactive representation, shared knowledge, and the advancement of professionalism. As a membership organization, ASTA’s network of travel professionals expands beyond the agency community and includes the companies whose products they sell.