Embassy Suites Lubbock
We are looking for someone with a passion for food and strong time management abilities who can provide our clients with an exceptional dining experience. Our restaurant is busy, and we need a competent and experienced line cook who can ensure that our meals are made precisely to guest orders while still following our standard recipes consistently. To work a variety of stations on any given shift, our line cook must be adept in poaching, braising, roasting, grilling, sautéing, and frying. You need to be a team player who can effectively communicate with other kitchen staff to keep things running efficiently. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a new opportunity in food service, please apply as soon as possible!
- Ensure that all interactions with visitors, vendors and colleagues are conducted in a professional and friendly manner
- Guarantee that quality food is supplied, by adhering to specified storage and waste control requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products
- Assemble a system of food stations and fill them with everything they need for the shift
- Clean and sanitize all workstations, including counters, utensils, cooking equipment, and the refrigerator, in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Prepare food orders on the line by cooking items to order, grilling, broiling, sauteing and meet all presentation guidelines and follow standard recipes
- Take supervisory lead on the line in the kitchen
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification such as a GED
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Must be a hard worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage, and food storage
- Able to work the PM Shift
About Embassy Suites Lubbock
Come and join our strong team here at Embassy Suites Lubbock where we like to Make A Difference with our employees, our guests, and our community. Making a Difference is what makes our brand unique, makes each of us want to work together, and makes guests want to stay with us.