Our busy hotel is looking for a detail-oriented individual with exceptional time management abilities who is passionate about providing our clients with an exceptional dining experience. As our next line cook, you will be responsible for ensuring that every dish is cooked and presented following appropriate recipes, presentation standards, and with accuracy for the guest order. We need an experienced cook who is comfortable with a variety of cooking techniques such as poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking. Our ideal applicant is a team player who can successfully communicate with other kitchen staff to keep our restaurant running efficiently. If you have a friendly and energetic attitude with a passion for food, please apply today!
AM and PM Shifts.
- Prepare food orders on the line by cooking items to order, grilling, broiling, sauteing and meet all presentation guidelines and follow standard recipes
- Demonstrate professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with visitors, vendors, and associates
- Maintain work stations, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition per health and safety regulations
- Recognize and adhere to quality requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products, as well as correct storage and waste management
- Establish a system of food stations and stock them with all of the necessary ingredients for the shift
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage, and food storage
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- Must be a hard worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
- Prior food service industry experience is highly desired
About Hilton Springfield
We're off I-395/I-95, across the street from Springfield Town Center mall. Fort Belvoir military base is nine miles away and we're a half-hour drive from Washington DC. We offer a free shuttle to and from Franconia-Springfield Metro Station, less than two miles away. Enjoy our indoor pool, fitness center, and free parking. WiFi's on us.