Holiday Inn, Saratoga Springs,
Come work in historic Saratoga Springs, NY home of the beautiful Saratoga Thoroughbred race track and outdoor amphitheater the Saratoga Performing Arts Center
The Executive Chef envisions and you bring his creations to life -- it might be breakfast, lunch dinner, or a grand banquet but you know how to get it right and take great pride in your abilities as a Cook. The kitchen can be full of action and activity but you thrive in such an environment, always working safely and following the established protocols. You are a professional -- knowing how much to order to stay within budget, how much to prepare based on the house count, how to keep clean, and how to handle food safely. The Chef has a great kitchen team and you are someone who contributes to that greatness.
In the role of Cook, you will:
- Be Great at What You Do -- As a Line Cook, you know how to prepare delicious high-quality food for restaurant and/or banquet guests based on established guidelines and do so every day.
- Be a Team Player -- The Cooks are responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of food items for all outlets and for maintaining a level of professionalism in the kitchen, working in harmony as a team so that the guest gets the food they ordered in a timely manner and leave happy.
- Be an Everything Clean and Organized Fanatic -- Professional Cooks know how to keep a work area clean and organized, following all sanitation and safe food handling procedures at every step.
- Be a Safety & Security Agent -- follow your hotel's established safety and security policies & procedures. Anticipate problems and ask for management assistance as needed.
We are looking for someone with a passion for food and strong time management abilities who can provide our clients with an exceptional dining experience. Our restaurant is busy, and we need a competent and experienced line cook who can ensure that our meals are made precisely to guest orders while still following our standard recipes consistently. To work a variety of stations on any given shift, our line cook must be adept in poaching, braising, roasting, grilling, sautéing, and frying. You need to be a team player who can effectively communicate with other kitchen staff to keep things running efficiently. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a new opportunity in food service, please apply as soon as possible!
- Grill, broil or saute menu items according to standard recipes and presentation specifications
- Set up cooking stations and fill them with all of the essential preparation items for a shift
- Ensure that all interactions with visitors, vendors and colleagues are conducted in a professional and friendly manner
- Guarantee that quality food is supplied, by adhering to specified storage and waste control requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products
- Keep all workstations, counters, cooking equipment, and refrigerators clean and sanitary according to health and safety rules
- Candidates need a strong understanding of compliance with kitchen safety and food storage requirements
- Candidates must be hardworking, detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic
- Prior food service industry experience is highly desired
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
$17 - $19 per hour
About Holiday Inn, Saratoga Springs,
Come work for a wonderful company. Located on Broadway in beautiful Saratoga Springs NY. Minutes away from the legendary Saratoga Race Course and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center and within walking distance of downtown. Hard work and dedication are not only recognized but rewarded at this wonderful facility.