Nippenose Valley Village
Prepare all food to be served to residents in a timely manner. Assist lead cook in all operations in kitchen and dining areas. Follow recipes to prepare dishes. Full-time. Between 30-37.5 hours per week.
- Prepare and cook 3 meals a day, including entrees, vegetables, and dessert, for residents in accordance with the weekly menu. Prepare meals on time for meal distribution.\
- Prepare daily snacks and ensure diabetic snacks available at all times and are stored in a designated area
- Responsible for drink preparation: coffee, tea, juices, and fruit drinks, and maintaining hydration stations throughout the home
- Regulate and monitor proper food cooking temperatures
- Must work in a timely manner
- Assist lead cook with food inventory and related supplies, including flatware, dishes, and glasses
- Maintain thermometers in refrigerators and freezers. Ensure temperatures are adequate, are in clear view, and maintain documentation
- Report any equipment repairs to maintenance
- Adhere to OSHA standards and guidelines. Maintain an effective and safe work environment and work habits. Report in a timely manner any unsafe conditions or habits to HR
- Speak courteously, respectfully, and professionally to staff, residents, and visitors at all times
- Maintain confidentiality of residents’ PHI and any other related information according to the company’s privacy practices and HIPAA
- High School diploma or G.E.D. with ServeSafe certification and at least 3 years experience in a restaurant or similar setting. Must be able to read and follow directions and recipes
- Must be motivated and detail-oriented
Non-essential Job Functions:
- Work rotating on-call schedule holidays, evenings, or weekends
$14 - $16 hourly
About Nippenose Valley Village
Nippenose Valley Village is located in a beautiful rural setting outside of Williamsport, PA. We help our residents enjoy their independent years, with carefree living absent of the worries of house and property maintenance, housekeeping, and cooking.
We provide loving, personal care so our seniors can focus on embracing vibrant, active lives in the Williamsport and Jersey Shore communities they love.
Our residents enjoy the best Central Pennsylvania has to offer: from cultural and entertainment venues to the best hospitals and medical care.
As more care is needed, we provide ‘aging in place’ options that allow our residents to continue receiving the loving, personal attention and vibrant community living they’ve come to depend on and enjoy.