Hilton Houston Westchase
Our busy restaurant is looking for a detail-oriented individual with exceptional time management abilities who is passionate about providing our clients with an exceptional dining experience. As our next line cook, you will be responsible for ensuring that every dish is cooked and presented following appropriate recipes, presentation standards, and with accuracy for the guest order. We need an experienced cook who is comfortable with a variety of cooking techniques such as poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking. Our ideal applicant is a team player who can successfully communicate with other kitchen staff to keep our restaurant running efficiently. If you have a friendly and energetic attitude with a passion for food, please apply today!
- Prepare food orders on the line by cooking items to order, grilling, broiling, sauteing and meet all presentation guidelines and follow standard recipes
- Ensure that all interactions with visitors, vendors and colleagues are conducted in a professional and friendly manner
- Guarantee that quality food is supplied, by adhering to specified storage and waste control requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products
- Set up cooking stations and fill them with all of the essential preparation items for a shift
- Maintain work stations, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition per health and safety regulations
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with customers and other team members
- Must be a hard worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage, and food storage
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
About Hilton Houston Westchase
Our hotel is off the Sam Houston Tollway in the Westchase business district. Enjoy panoramic Houston views through floor-to-ceiling windows, and relax by our tree-lined outdoor pool. We're within 15 minutes of the Energy Corridor and The Galleria, and downtown Houston is 14 miles away. Try a taste of Texas at our award-winning Rio Ranch restaurant.