Family Forum, Inc.
Summary: Prepares family-style meals using cycle menus for students and employees of Family Forum, Inc. Promotes child wellness by providing nutrition services that supplement and complement those of the home and community. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Paid time off
- Full benefit package (Group health, dental, life insurance; 403B retirement program; Flexible Benefit program)
- Prepares food in quantities according to CACFP requirements.
- Prepares food nutritiously using limited amounts of fats, sugars, and salt.
- Delivers and serves meals to the classrooms or dining area.
- May be required to sit with the children during mealtime.
- Cleans the kitchen area including dishes, work counters, and food storage areas. Sanitize as necessary according to foodservice requirements.
- Cleans and sanitizes the classroom and dining area tables;
- Reviews menu and/or plans menu to allow for cultural diversity and seasonal themes.
- Purchase groceries for the program taking advantage of foods in season and local availability. Follows agency-approved vendors. Prepares purchase orders and initiates requests to supervisor;
- Order non-food supplies for the kitchen area.
- Directs activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and delivering meals.
- Keeps up-to-date information on nutritional issues and obtains knowledge of nutritionally acceptable substitutions as necessary to meet medical, cultural and religious needs.
- Assists families in meeting each child's nutrition needs and in establishing good eating habits that nurture healthy development and promote life-long well-being.
- Maintains records and accounts.
- All staff is to ensure the health and safety of children at all times and report any known misconduct.
- Comply with state and federal requirements.
- Assists in recruiting families.
- Helps promote a culture of safety
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- At least 6 months of experience and sufficient knowledge, training and experience to fulfill the roles and responsibilities of the position.
Certifications & Licenses:
- Annual training includes: 4 hours specifically on kitchen sanitization, nutrition and food handling; Child abuse and neglect and reporting procedures; bloodborne pathogen training
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.