Family Forum, Inc.
We are seeking an experienced Cook Assistant to join our team! The Cook Assistant works cooperatively with and supports the cook. They will also assist in the preparation of family-style meals using cycle menus for children.
Full benefits package available.
- Prepares food in quantities according to the CACFP requirements.
- Prepares food nutritiously using limited amounts of fats, sugars, and salt.
- Delivers and serves meals to the classrooms or dining area
- May be required to sit with the children to facilitate family-style meals.
- Cleans and sanitizes the kitchen area including dishes, work counters, and food storage areas.
- Participates in center and agency staff meetings as required.
- Follows agency policies and procedures.
- Assists in recruiting families.
- Cleans and sanitizes classroom and dining room tables prior to meals and snacks;
- Under the approval of the supervisor, may be required to perform cook duties in the absence of the cook.
- All staff is to ensure the health and safety of children at all times and report any known misconduct.
- In an emergency, the staff is expected to comply with agency procedures and not abandon their duties and responsibilities.
- Program policies are included in the job responsibilities of the position and are to be implemented in addition to this job description.
- Summer's off!
- Minimum 3 months experience; serv safe certification preferred
$9.18 per hour
About Family Forum, Inc.
Family Forum, Inc. is the grantee for the Head Start and Early Head Start programs working with children and families in preparing them for success. We have high-quality programming, family support, and wellness education, and we foster meaningful relationships. The agency has been serving the communities in Northwest WI for over 50 years and we continue to grow through quality services, and partnerships with the families we serve and the communities we serve in.