We are seeking a highly motivated, organized individual to fulfill the role of Real Estate Development Controller. This team member will be responsible for entity accounting, tracking expenses, forecasting project costs, capital calls, processing pay apps, preparing lender draw requests, and more.
Real Estate Development or Real Estate Fund experience is a MUST
- This role will be the right-hand person for the President, and this role will manage the accounting department on a day-to-day basis
- The financial connection between Equity Partners and 3rd party general contractors
- Oversee month-end and year-end closing of books to ensure transactions are reflected correctly and accurately in the proper accounting period
- GL schedules – create and maintain accounting schedules and support
- Revamp documentation and accounting schedules for monthly, quarterly, and yearly close to be audit-ready
- Maintain an adequate and effective internal control system to safeguard assets of the Company and ensure timely financial reporting of transactions such as cash receipts, cash disbursements, journal entries, budgetary controls, variance reporting system, etc.
- Review of Investor reporting templates
- Oversee Accounts Payable activities to ensure accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, cash control
- Oversee Cash Receipt and Accounts Receivable activities to ensure accurate and timely processing of cash receipts, and accounts receivable aging reports
- Review and manage effective Cash Flow Management
- Process inter-account bank transfers to cover any shortfall in the operating accounts and at the same time, maximize the potential for earning interest on excess funds
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience (minimum) in Real Estate Development
- Experience using Rabbet or equivalent accounting system
- BS or Master's degree, CPA preferred
- Real Estate Development or Real Estate Fund experience is a MUST
About Curve Development
Curve Development is a developer/builder currently developing single-family rental communities coast to coast through an exclusive real estate equity fund. Curve Development has both the resources and regional land to acquire and develop sites without the typical hurdles other developers are challenged with. Our focus is on quality and growth and the only way to accomplish this is with a great team.
Please visit our website at www.curvedevelopment.com for more information.