Petrelli Previtera, LLC
We are seeking an energetic and experienced Controller who understands the value of being a part of a highly-functioning leadership team that remains focused on delivering for our clients while also maintaining a positive work environment with substantial growth opportunities. The Controller is ultimately responsible for ensuring the firm remains in good financial standing via smooth running of the operations from a financial perspective. This means making sure there are strategies and controls in place, maintaining financial modeling and forecasting, providing responsive real-time reporting, maintaining ongoing internal financial systems and controls, and building financial strategies including, but not limited to, assisting the CFO in preparation of quarterly and annual budgets.
- This position reports directly to the CFO.
- Managing the firm’s ongoing financial transactions with appropriate checks and balances.
- Developing plans and roadmaps for the firm’s financial growth starting with evaluating, upgrading, and managing the Firm's financial systems to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Developing, documenting, communicating, and enforcing policies and procedures relating to all financial functions.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Developing a budget/budget process and working to make sure it is followed with consistency and excellence across all disciplines.
- Performing daily accounting functions including but not limited to processing vendor invoices ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations; executing and managing AP/AR; tracking daily financial impacts; implementing effective collections strategies, processes, and workflows; managing GL chart of accounts; ensuring journal entries and all system generated postings to GL are properly approved and recorded; reconciling bank accounts.
- Managing law firm trust accounts in compliance with Bar Trust Accounting Rules including writing checks, maintaining appropriate supporting documentation, and balancing clients’ accounts accordingly.
- Managing relationships and other external parties with whom financial information is exchanged, including third-party bookkeepers, management consultants, and tax professionals.
- Ensuring the timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax reports as well as responding to financial surveys and insurance applications.
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP accounting principles and the firm KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Providing management with proactive, timely, and fiscally responsible information vital to the decision-making process.
- Preparing statements of revenue and operating expenses including narratives with the goal of developing the firm’s financial dashboard.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field of study from an accredited university; CPA a plus
- 5+ years of overall accounting and financial management experience
- Strong accounting, bookkeeping, and computer background
- Strong administrative and organizational skills; Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to maintain sensitive information in confidence
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines and prioritize tasks
- A high-energy person with a strong executive presence who can roll up his/her sleeves and get the job done
- Must be able to pass a thorough pre-employment background, reference, and credit check
- Experience with a law firm or professional services environment is highly preferred
- Able to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects/tasks with an attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of technology including MS Excel and QuickBooks
$75,000 - $105,000 annually
About Petrelli Previtera, LLC
1st Place - 2022 BEST WORKPLACES TO WORK by Philadelphia Business Journal
Founded in March of 2017, Petrelli Previtera, LLC was recently recognized as the 8th fastest growing company in the Philadelphia metro area by the Philadelphia Business Journal and awarded the Soaring 76 award in 2018 - 2022. In 2019 - 2022, Petrelli Previtera was named to the INC. 5000 list of the fastest-growing companies in the United States.
Our clients are everyday people who are experiencing marital crises with their spouses. We pride ourselves on being able to take these people from Chaos to Clarity so that they can begin living the future that they desire, today.
We are committed to the work we do for our clients, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously and really value professional development and team building. We are committed to client service here at Petrelli Previtera, LLC. So much so, that we only hire employees that are completely committed to our core values.