Marshall Reddick Real Estate
No phone calls or emails from recruiters or employment agencies. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers. All candidates must apply directly.
This is a very unique position in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, and constantly changing environment. The ideal candidate is driven, ready to lead a team of accountants and implement change. You will report directly to the CEO working closely with executive management to ensure the Accounting department runs efficiently and effectively. We are in need of a go-getter who has the ability to question everything and challenge the status quo. This role requires a highly proficient CPA with public and private accounting experience. The Controller will be responsible for overseeing the overall financials for multiple entities, overseeing a team of accountants across multiple states, budget management, financial analysis, taxes, and investment fund accounting.
This role has the opportunity to grow into a CFO position.
This is not a remote position. This role will work out of our Newport Beach, CA office.
$125,000 - $150,000 annual salary. Bonus potential of $25,000 to $50,000
- Manage the financial performance of the company across multiple entities
- Identify and implement new enterprise-level accounting software
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages to Partners and Investors
- Secure financing for investment opportunities within multifamily syndication and new construction development
- Maintain relationships with vendors including banks, lenders, legal and tax team(s)
- Provide leadership and support to accounting team across multiple offices and states
- Create processes and systems within the accounting department and create documentation
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP accounting principles including US GAAP and Investment fund accounting
- Certified Public Accountant with 5-8 years in financial accounting and finance with exposure to real estate and private placement funds.
- Real Estate/Finance industry experience is a must
- Property Management accounting experience is a plus
- Active CPA license
- Big 4 experience desired
- Experience leading, managing, and developing teams of 10+
- Software: SuiteCRM, AppFolio Investment Management, Juniper Square, AppFolio Property Management
- Enterprise Level Accounting Software (Oracle, SAP, Great Plains, or similar)
- Real Estate Brokerage, Property Management, Private Lending and Investment Fund Management knowledge
- REIT, Mortgage Funds, Private Placements, Multi-family Syndication and Investment Funds
- Public Accounting Knowledge
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with matching
- Paid Time Off Vacation and Sick Time
- Company Holidays
- Investment Opportunities
- And more
$125,000 - $150,000 annual salary per year; $25,000-$50,000 bonus potential
About Marshall Reddick Real Estate
Here at Marshall Reddick, we enjoy working hard in a fast-paced, fun, and rapidly changing real estate environment. We are a full-service residential real estate brokerage, property manager, private money lender and investment fund manager. We have 80 employees across 6 offices in Newport Beach, CA, Los Angeles, CA, San Antonio, TX, Austin, TX, Cape Coral, FL, and Clarksville, TN. Founded in 1979 with new ownership in 2014, we are dedicated to creating transparent, consistent and quality results.