The Controller will be a key member of the overall finance management team. The Controller will be directly responsible for all general accounting activities in the company and act as the expert in ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. They will manage all general ledger, A/P, and A/R, functions supporting multiple entities and locations.
- Prepare all periodic financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements to internal and external stakeholders including the board of directors and lenders
- Actively manage all balance sheet reconciliations especially cash, fixed assets and retail inventory
- Manage the deployment of the growth and maintenance capital budget
- Schedule and manage all external audit activities; manage all tax activities (sales and income) and the preparation process
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Create, document and maintain internal control processes for a multi-location and multi-entity company
- Continue process automation to allow company to scale in a cost-effective manner
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting and ongoing variance analysis
- Lead, mentor, train and consistently evaluate staff
- 10+ years of experience in both public and private accounting
- Successful track record in increasing leadership roles, with prior experience as a Controller of a growth-oriented company with a significant number of moving pieces
- BA/BS in Accounting from an accredited 4-year university; CPA required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced Excel, pivot table and VLOOKUP skills
- Multi-functional responsibility inside companies with heavy process orientation
- Proven experience with both lenders and private equity is desired
- Operates with high integrity, builds trust, quickly wins and sustains credibility in relationships with others; personally approachable
- Excellent financial and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on innovative and creative solutions that result in higher profitability
- A self-starter who needs little direction; is highly self-motivated
People's California is Southern California’s largest cannabis retail store. As an industry-leading cannabis company, People's provides high-quality products and excellent customer service to recreational and medical customers in the Orange County area. People's prides itself on its knowledgeable staff, sustainable business practices, community involvement, and close relationships with farmers and vendors.
Our retail store in Orange County is currently hiring new employees. Grow with us!