Our law firm is seeking a sharp individual to join our accounting department as a Controller. This position will perform a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established firm policies and procedures. You will have the opportunity to work with billing attorneys and their assistants to revise, process, and issue accurate monthly billing. Consistent follow-up is required in this role, so prior experience in billing is a valuable asset. If you have at least 2 years of accounting and billing experience, enjoy crunching numbers, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment, reach out to us today!
We are looking for a qualified candidate who takes pride in all tasks, whether it’s with running financial reports, reconciling general ledgers, managing payroll, processing client billing, or preparing W-2s. If this sounds like a position you could see yourself in, we encourage you to apply today!
- Maintain both accounts receivable and accounts payable and process monthly invoices for clients
- Answer client inquiries concerning invoices and keep attorneys apprised of resolution
- Adjust and reconcile general ledgers and prepare financial reports such as balance statements and income and loss statements
- Run payroll for staff and attorneys and prepare annual W-2’s and 1099’s, and prepare tax filings
- Confirm and analyze data gathered for our year-end audit is accurate
- Distribute initial invoices for attorney review every month
- Maintain accurate financial records for incoming payments on accounts
- Amend invoices with guidance from billing attorneys and finalize for distribution
- Assess accounts receivable reports for past due balances owed and follow up with clients on when payments will be made
- Review and print prebills for attorney and paralegal review
- Revise billing entries after prebills are reviewed
- Manage retainer funds, billing types, and client balances to determine if retainer replenishment is necessary
- Process write-offs and adjust client bills as directed by partners
- Interact and communicate with attorneys and paralegals regarding client bills and balances
- Keep accounts up to date and balanced in Quickbooks
- Prepare payments for processing
- Can maintain strict confidentiality when handling financial data
- Firm grasp of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- Knowledgeable with MS Excel, data entry, and accounting software
- Jobseekers should have outstanding attention to detail, analytical skills and communication skills with the ability to work accurately and thrive in a high-pressure work environment
- Willing to help with analysis metrics surrounding Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Budget to Actuals reporting.
- Will to "roll up your sleeves" and get a workable Chart of Accounts and get bookkeeping current
- Helps implement and monitor KPIs for staff geared to utilization, marketing, and financial metrics
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines
- Minimum of two years working as a controller or comparable experience in a law firm environment
- Must have law firm experience in bookkeeping and billing
- Quickbooks training/certification is required
- Certified Public Bookkeeping certification is a plus
About Shupe Dhawan
If you join our team you will get to work in a supportive, fun, and exciting workplace.
We offer health, vision, and dental insurance along with 8 paid holidays and 16 days of personal time off. Hours are 8:30 am to 4:45 pm Monday to Thursday, and 8:30 am to 3:00 pm on Friday.
Who are we?
We are a multi-practice, statewide Florida law firm. We are growing rapidly. The firm has a stellar reputation in the community. You'll be on a team of amazing coworkers who always have your back. We work collaboratively with our teams to achieve the best results for our clients. Our workplace is supportive, fun, and exciting. As owners, we have built a firm where we'd like to work so that you will too!