The Allen Group
This person will oversee administrative, bookkeeping and accounting operations for two small businesses owned by the same owners. This is an office-based position with a potentially flexible work schedule. Some travel may be required as well as occasional weekend or evening work.
- Job involves managing all accounting functions for two small companies under single ownership with approximately $5M combined annual budgets.
- The Controller will review and process all invoices, write checks and organize financial records in Quickbooks.
- Complete bank and credit card reconciliations.
- The Controller will manage escrow accounts which will be audited by the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission.
- The Controller will make recommendations on how to decrease costs, increase revenues and increase efficiencies.
- The Controller will manage/record cash transactions and reimbursements to employees for materials/services paid for by employees.
- The Controller will prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and financial other reports to monitor financial health of company.
- The Controller will monitor expenditures by employees to help prevent potential theft or mishandling of funds.
- The Controller will assist ownership in organizing payment systems and preparing financials for year-end tax returns.
- Account for any budget variances and report significant discrepancies to management.
- Analyze year-to-year financial reports and quarterly reports and report findings to ownership.
- The Controller will prepare 1099 and W-2s, facilitate payroll and sales taxes and/or other state or federal taxes requirements.
- 8-10+ years experience handling books + monthly and year end financials
- College degree in accounting or finance preferable
- Corporate finance experience
- Exposure to real estate industry a plus
- Reporting Skills
- Excellent time management
- Math Skills
$50,000 - $75,000 salary based on experience
About The Allen Group
The Allen Group (TAG), a SAGE Realty Partner, has been helping clients buy, sell and lease homes in the greater Oklahoma City Metro for nearly 20 years! Our group consists of a small team of real estate professionals working together to be the very best Realtors in the extended OKC Metro. A few reasons clients continue to use us year after year might be our top-notch marketing, excellent negotiating skills, first class service with integrity or just having a great experience with one of our team members buying, selling or leasing real estate.