Z Family Law
We are seeking an independent contract attorney to assist with overflow work in the District of Columbia. To excel in this position, you need to have compassion and the ability to work efficiently both independently and collaboratively. The current opening is for a part-time independent contract attorney, however, there is potential for the right candidate to become a full-time associate attorney.
- Work on cases within a team environment, where collaborating with colleagues is the expectation, not the exception
- Complete discrete assignments on a variety of cases
- Legal research and writing
- Drafting documents for filing in Court: Pleadings; Motions; Discovery Requests; Confidential Mediation Statements; Attorney’s Fees Declarations; Consent Orders and Proposed Orders; Designation of Expert Witnesses; Marital Settlement Agreements; Prenuptial Agreements and Postnuptial Agreements; Confidentiality Agreements; Opinion Letters for Clients
- You are a licensed member of the bar in good standing with the District of Columbia and preferably also with the State of Maryland
- Beyond the licensing requirement, the most important qualifications are that you: (1) understand the importance of delivering an incredible client experience, (2) have an excellent skill set for legal research and writing; (3) profess a proficiency in legal problem-solving, and (4) demonstrate a commitment to continuing legal education
- You have experience in family law matters, including divorce, child custody, child support, post-judgment modification, and domestic violence
- You are tech-savvy and are comfortable using a case management system, online research tools, spreadsheets, and word processing software
- You are happy in fast-paced work environments, enjoy working in a team, and have an empathetic approach to clients
- You can contribute to developing the strategy of a case, and you know where to find the rules and case law to back up that case strategy
- You appreciate the value of streamlined policies and procedures to ensure that each client receives excellent representation, and you are comfortable adapting your personal style to incorporate our high standards of care
- Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are extremely important considerations
$50 - $100 hourly
About Z Family Law
Z Family Law, LLC, is a boutique family law firm in Rockville, Maryland that exists to empower and assist our clients to achieve the best possible version of their next chapter, whether this is through obtaining a divorce, modifying a child custody agreement, drafting a prenuptial agreement, assisting with adoption, or modifying child support.
Z Family Law, LLC continues to strive to maintain a workplace that is free from recognized hazards and to promote the health and well-being of our employees, their families, and those who visit our offices. As part of this effort, Z Family Law has implemented certain safety protocols utilizing CDC, OSHA, the local government, and other available guidance. All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legal exemptions.