Joe Knows Energy
Sound implementation of construction policies and procedures that maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill statutory requirements while meeting or exceeding company growth goals.
- Direct all aspects of the construction process to meet Company goals while remaining fully compliant and within budgetary limitations ensuring the timely and cost effective installation of facilities.
- Monitor safety, performance, productivity and workload as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
- Cultivate relationships with all outside agencies while protecting the Companies.
- Motivate, coach, challenge and provide developmental opportunities for subordinates.
- Maintain industry involvement to keep abreast of changing technologies and best practices.
- Develop continuous improvement initiatives in support of the Company's strategic objectives.
- Foster cooperative working relationships with bargaining units and contractors.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the various systems and technologies that support the construction process.
- Facilitate and support the construction process.
- Manage the utilization of resources (personnel, vehicles, and equipment) to ensure a timely response, monitor safety, performance, productivity and workload and re-balance as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company standards and procedures, PSC/DPU Code requirements, OSHA, and municipal rules and regulations.
- Ensure accurate reporting of work including SOP's, work order historicals, daily completion reporting, sketches, Operations Qualification, etc.
- Respond to emergencies and supervises a workforce that operates on a 24-hr 7day/week basis.
- Standby assignments on a rotational basis as well as overtime to respond to emergencies and ensure public safety are required.
- Coordination of work packages to the team and ensuring representation on all projects before starting.
- Coordinate all field meetings necessary to progress the projects including pre-construction, safety and all tail gate meetings.
- 7+ years of experience in gas utility distribution and transmission pipelines and facilities, LNG a plus.
- Four year college degree (Engineering degree preferred) or prior work related experience required.
- Five plus years of proven managerial experience with a focus on construction policies and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of Company policies and procedures, and technical competence to prudently apply these to support construction operations.
- Extensive knowledge of the gas transmission and distribution system, engineering, construction and maintenance practices, gas utilization equipment, gas metering, and the electric distribution system; Federal, State, and Municipal Codes, Company standards and procedures as well as computer operations are essential.
- Familiarity with Construction standards, Work Methods, Rules for Safe Operation, and associated procedures, knowledge of Company policies and the application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement are needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, in addition to planning, organizing and computer skills.
- Prior experience dealing with diverse groups such as gas and/or electric customers, government officials, etc. in a tactful and diplomatic manner is vital.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products is required for consideration for the Lead Construction Supervisor position.
- Ability to estimate field construction costs.
- Primavera, PowerPlant, and SAP experience is a plus.
- This position may involve driving to other company locations, so a clean, valid state issued driver's license is required.
About Joe Knows Energy
Joe Knows Energy LLC is a staffing and recruiting company that delivers added value to our clients by providing them experienced Inspectors and construction supervisors who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the project team.
We supply PM, CM and inspectors, primarily for the oil and gas pipeline and heavy civil industries, who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the inspection team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regards to technical skills, past performance and assessment of potential.
In addition to completing this information, we encourage you to check us out at www.joeknowsenergy.com.