The Construction Superintendent reports directly to the principal and is responsible for the onsite management of all subcontractors during the construction phase. The Superintendent will supervise all phases of construction, from ground breaking through project close-out. Applicants should have knowledge of building requirements, as well as experience with construction methods, technology, equipment, and work procedures. We are looking for someone who is organized, pro-active, able to adapt to a fast moving environment, and eager to be part of an employee focused, high energy and upbeat team.
• Oversees all aspects of the project from mobilization to punch list.
• Participates in determining sequence and activity duration on schedule for proposed project.
• Provide technical expertise throughout the Pre-Construction process, review the plans and specifications for constructibility and construction schedules and advise the project team of issues and deficiencies.
• Understands subcontractors scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identifies problems as early as possible and acts immediately to provide solutions.
• Ensures that the proper methods and sequences of installation are followed, makes and follows through with schedule commitments, and maintains the company’s quality standards.
• Ability to supervise with strong knowledge of underpinning, sheeting/shoring, elevations, concrete, framing, trim carpentry.
• Ability to install doors, frames, temporary stairs, install hangs, patches, and mainly repair drywall; a carpenter by trade who can perform the duties of a puncher/carpenter when needed.
• Develops and organizes the field team, arranges for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identifies long lead items that need to be expedited.
• Communicates sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and field personnel.
• Identifies and solves onsite construction problems.
• Maintains daily records (daily reports) of field activity including manpower, deliverables, and other relevant information.
• Conducts daily quality control evaluations and report any deficiencies.
• Ensures subcontractors are installing work per plans and specifications.
• Understand the contract between contractor and owner to direct accordingly.
• Conduct and coordinate all site visits with the owner, architect, consultants, or any other parties that may need to visit the project site.
• Coordinates all on site inspections.
• Manages all site logistics.
• Create and implement an on-site safety program.
• Manages the punch list and closeout process through owner/architect.
• 10+ years of previous experience as a Construction Supervisor / Superintendent.
• Prior experience supervising new ground up construction.
• Strong Knowledge of residential wood structure and framing.
• Ability to identify and resolve issues and conflicts quickly and successfully.
• Ability to manage projects of (3) to (8) million dollars in value.
• Understanding of Construction Safety Practices.
• Basic Knowledge of Microsoft office.
Urban Capital is a boutique real estate development and investment firm working in the Washington DC area. We focus on acquire aging properties in the most promising areas of Washington DC and turn them around into magnificent multiple use units finished using the highest quality materials and up to the best industry standards. We develop real estate projects totaling of roughly $14MM/ year with a growing portfolio of upcoming projects. (www.urbancapitaldc.com)
Our investors, clients, and partners trust us because of our commitment to the following: Vast Market Knowledge: With our deep knowledge of the market, we conduct thorough market research and follow an intensive property- and area-specific due diligence processes.
Commitment to Quality: We guarantee luxury urban condos with exciting, warm, and unique new interior layouts.
Accountability: We stand by our clients, never compromise on quality, and assume responsibility for all our work.