The Superintendent is responsible managing the day-to-day running of each build to effectively construct homes in accordance with the budget and schedule. You will coordinate the new construction of production homes while promoting an outstanding, courteous and professional team environment with out team, customer, and Trade partners.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned and this job will evolve over time. You’ll need to evolve with it.
- Manage home construction
- Conduct daily walks of all homes (twice per/day)
- Schedule, organize and direct the day-to-day construction of each home build.
- Walk each job the same way every day and schedule the trades and suppliers daily to ensure the jobs are ready for the trades when they show up following the mantra that “We cannot expect what we do not inspect.”
- Open up each home at the beginning of each day and lock up each home at the end of the day
- Work with Sales and Customers to foster the MonteVista Homes core value of “Customers are a blessing, not a burden.”
- Ensure homes are built with quality by utilizing your personal construction knowledge and quality inspection forms, ensuring that all work performed is of the highest level.
- Work with Trades and Subs providing guidance, support and education as needed.
- Ensure buyer specifications are being installed per the contract documents.
Daily scheduling duties:
- Update schedule start dates for variance or shifts. Communicate with all subs and suppliers when shifts are noted.
- Ensure materials and suppliers are on schedule for deliveries and that quantities delivered match P.O.’s.
- Log, mark out and schedule deficiencies to be corrected immediately.
Weekly scheduling duties:
- Publish an accurate global schedule report.
- Maintain a generally clean home inside and out. Homes should be swept daily by the trades. Cover the counters and tubs after installation to prevent trade damage.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace inside the construction office.
Conduct the following pre-start tasks:
- Quick Start Sheet/Log inspection(s)
- Site Plan/Plan Review
- Attend the EPO review meeting and provide input.
- Work with the City and County inspectors to pass all inspections.
- Conduct specified onsite buyer meetings during construction.
- Log and track credit returns. Ensure pickups are done in a prompt timeline.
- Conduct the customer orientation and use the Homeowner Orientation forms to log and not any buyer punch list items.
- Repair or correct any items on the buyer orientation list within 72-hours of the homeowner orientation.
- Prior to closing have the Homeowner sign off that all items were completed.
- Maintain positive relationships with all subs, customers, suppliers, colleagues, and subordinates.
- Promote job site safety.
- Attend a quarterly growth review and be prepared to approach each review positively.
- Achieve a 94% customer satisfaction rating.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related preferred.
- 4+ years in new home construction or related.
- Must possess excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to clearly explain and resolve issues on the jobsite to trade partners, suppliers, inspectors and other project managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team and adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- The Superintendent must have the ability to solve problems in the field.
$110,000 - $130,000 estimated total compensation
About MonteVista Homes
MonteVista Homes is a 2nd generation Award-Winning homebuilder who builds quality, value-packed new homes in Oregon. Our energy-efficient homes are distinguished by innovative designs and solid craftsmanship, and our staff is deeply committed to the satisfaction and delight of our customers. At MonteVista Homes, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be a homeowner—as such, we base our mission around the company credo: “Built with you in mind.”