Herman Construction Group
We are looking for a certified Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO) to perform work at the Dunham US Army Health Clinic at the Carlisle Barracks in PA. The scope of work is a design-build roof replacement to include removal/demo of the current roof system. This is an overnight shift. Hours are roughly 6pm - 5am.
The Site Safety & Health Officer (SSHO) will be responsible for the development and/or review of the Accident Prevention Plan, activity hazard analysis's, amendments to the accident prevention plan, on-site safety orientation education, safety meetings, all-around safety compliance of the project, and a proactive innovative attitude towards solving difficult site-specific safety issues.
- The SSHO is responsible for managing, implementing, and enforcing the project Accident Prevention Plan. The SSHO shall provide full-time on-site safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, training, and safety enforcement
- Prepare Accident Prevention Plan’s (APP) and ensure that it is followed by all employees, subcontractors, and vendors at each service site (The APP shall incorporate Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) and Situation Specific Safety Plans that are relevant to the site-specific hazards and controls for each activity and type of work that may be encountered on the contract)
- Coordination of safety issues with the Quality Control Manager and site Superintendent on new definable features of work
- Maintain current SDS (MSDS) list of hazardous chemicals on-site
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate
- Current 30 hour OSHA training
- Current EM385.1-1 40 Hour Certificate
- 5 Years of continuous construction experience working in a safe capacity
- Superior knowledge of construction principles/practices
$75,000 - $85,000 yearly
About Herman Construction Group
Herman Construction provides quality construction services to the public and private sectors. The strength of Herman Construction is our people. At the heart of our success lies a group of passionate, long-tenured leaders who have all led impressive careers within the construction industry.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 100% Premium sponsored life insurance program
- Long Term Life and AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Project Bonus